Monday, August 12, 2013

Hydroflask

Yes I just got done reading it.  So I have a request this week.  Down here in the south we have a really hard time keeping water cold.  There are these things that one of the Elders has in my apartment it's called a Hydro Flask.  It's a bottle that's insulated and doesn't sweet.  Wanna buy me one and send it to me? They're a little expensive $40 but it would be much appreciated.  You can get them at hydroflask.com and get the 40 oz. one. 

So this week was a very interesting week in the area of Colonial Heights.  My companion and I are seeing so many great blessing from getting out and working hard.  We have Shakitha Cowart set for baptism on September 7 but we might have to move it to the 14.  She is such an amazing lady of great faith and testimony.  We also have another great investigator named Keith.  He has a pretty sweet story.  We were out riding our bikes fast Sunday and the spirit told us to go and talk to Keith.  We had talked to him once before but never really got anywhere with him.  As we pulled up he was outside listening to country and working on his car.  We talked to him a little bit about the gospel and then went on our way.  Well we went back this week and started to talk to him again.  He then showed us something crazy he pulled out a card that had my companions name and mine of it and our number.  We never gave him a card at all!  A guy that works on his car gave it to him and told him to contact the missionaries.  We then started to talk to him about the plan of salvation.  Then Keith said the one thing that missionaries love to here.  He said, "I don't know what I'm going to have to do and I don't know everything, but I want to be a part of your guys church." Boom mind blown all of the pavement.  We are going to meet with him this week and set him for a date.  The only thing that we really need to work on him with is marriage.  He's living with a girl that we think is his fiance but we are not sure.  It should be interesting.  This area is awesome I love it so much.  Everyone is Baptist but we are able to find the people that God has prepared for us to teach and baptize.  The work is going great here.  That's pretty cool that you guys are going to move.  I hope that everything goes good with that and that it all works out.  This week we are going to the Richmond Zoo for our P-day!  Members own the Zoo so Missionaries get in for free.  The perks of the name tag, gotta love it.  It's good to hear that  your studies are going good.  Those are the hours that I live for on my mission.  I love the opportunity to be able to sit down and feast upon the word of God.  You can learn so much if you are just willing to listen.  About your question with the temple video.  First it's a video.  Don't worry about so much of what the actors do but more of what the spirit is telling you.  They (the actors/producers) are imperfect being trying to re-create a perfect  event in history.  It's kind of like mission work at the end of the day you pray to your Heavenly Father and say I know I'm not perfect but I tried my best I put my all into what I was doing.  Please help me to learn and grow and be better tomorrow.  I hope all is well at the house.  Anything crazy going on?  Keep on studying.  Keep in contact with Devin when I was in Church yesterday I got a prompting to remind him about the temple trip that I told him about.  Make sure that he does not loose sight of that goal please do not!!!!!!!!  You all have constant contact with him help him fight against the adversary and win this battle.  I love you all and invite you all to participate in missionary work.  Live by the saying, "Preach the gospel always and when necessary use words."  We are the light of the world.  We have been lucky enough to be born into this glories work.  Make sure that we do not waist this glorious opportunity to work in the Lords vineyard.  I love you all and hope that all is going well in Utah.  I heard that there's are a lot of flooding and hot weather is this true?  Have a great week love you all.  


                                       Only in Virginia do you find someone that build a boat this big!!!


                                                                       skittles rims


                                                                                       Baby Beagle puppies.                            

No comments:

Post a Comment