Monday, August 19, 2013

SATAN WILL NOT WIN THIS ONE

Mom I know that times are hard and that life is kicking you down.  It's hard I know but read a talk that was given by President Henry B. Eyring.  It's called Mountains to Climb.  My testimony that I can bare to you is that our Heavenly Father loves us.  Don't look at trial in your life as trials look at them as blessings.  In 1 Nephi 1:1 Nephi explains that even though he has had much trials he is still highly favored of the Lord.  I didn't bring my scriptures today to the library, which I'm very upset about but next week I will give you some good stuff hopefully.  A great book to read is our Search for Happiness.  This life is hard.  Anything is and the reason why is so that we can understand the good times too.  We can't know the bitter with out the sweet.  Thank you so much for the compliment of being a missionary. The only thing that I have to say is that I could not have done it without you.  You mean the world to me Mom and Dad.  Being out here I can't thank you enough for all the things that you have done for me and made me the man I am today.  I wish that I could come through this computer and give you all the biggest hug in the world but I can't it will have to wait for two years.  I love you all so much!  I'm sitting here crying in the Library.  It's ridiculous but hey it happens.  Thank you for the water bottle I will try not to be such a financial burden.  The work is going great here.  It is so amazing.  We have one lady that came to church yesterday.  The first investigator that we have actually gotten to come.  She loved it and was welcomed into the world.  She is set for baptism on September 21.  I'm really excited this work is great.  The area that I'm in is awesome.  I love Colonial Heights.  The members are so nice and they are just great.  Also they are really good cooks!!! YAYA.  It hasn't been raining to much this week it's just been overcast, but it has been really cool.  No humidity which is like a first ever.  I actually almost got to the point one night when we were about to go home I almost put on a jacket.  It's super sweet though.  I was going to send you a picture of my wall I have all your primary kids pictures hung up.  They look amazing.  They make it feel like home nothing better.  O just on a fun side note.  Me and my room mates last P-day all bought candles.  Our house now smells like Coffee(Mine), Rain(Elder Collie), The Mountains (Elder Gronning).  It's great I'm loving every minute of it.  I'm sorry that this week has been so rough.  You just sometimes have those.  Don't let them get the best of you.  If you do you are just playing into Satan's had and then he wins.  Remember the thing you told me, "SATAN WILL NOT WIN THIS ONE."  don't let him win.  He's dumb and stupid and just a child about things kick him in the face and tell him to stop it.  I love you all and hope all is going well.  The church is true the book is blue.

Elder Adams
Working Hard and Loving It 

haha o mamma.  so today is p-day and I might buy a new tie, kinda getting tired of all the old one... and possibly some biking gloves.  Just cuz when it rains the handle bars get slick. is that ok?
no it's fine I can write other people.  It's more important that you are ok then anything else.  He didn't even get a candle so idk.  All the other Elders think it's great.
Only send Polyester ties if you do.  The reason is because I sweat and sweat ruins silk or anything else.  No I didn't bring my gloves.  By the way the bike is working great.  Grandpa would be proud.
No none of my room mates want to do that....  We talk to a lot of people about all the history and stuff. did you know that the court house in appamatix was the one were General Lee signed the peace treaty?

Well my time is up.  I'll talk to you next week thank you for all that you do.  I love you and remember to rely on the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment