Monday, October 21, 2013

Hello?

These last couple of months have been a blur of excitement and trials.  I have been tried and tested beyond what I ever thought I would be out here on a mission.  I was able to have such a great experience these last couple of days to learn how to be a better missionary but I think that it applies to all of the members of the Chruch.  The first thing that happened was at Chruch yesterday.  We had a lesson in Elders quorum about how the Chruch of God will always go forward.  Brother Heap, was teaching the lesson, he said,"Raise the bar.  Do better tomorrow than you did today."  Every night I have made it a goal to think about what my success were and what I could improve on.  When we measure our progress we can see where we are improving and improving comes more rapidly.  Another great experience that took place was this morning I was doing my personal study and I was reading about turning our self over to the Lord.  In order to turn ourselves over to the the Lord it takes us mentally doing it first.  Where ever our mind is our heart follows.  Lately out here I have not been as focused on the Lords will as I should be.  The question that Paul asked came to my mind, "What wilt thou have me to do?"  It's all about having a mind single to the glory of God.  It is such a blessing to be able to read the Scriptures and Study the Gospel the way that you are able to out here on a mission.  The statement that Gordon B. Hinkley's father said is so true, "Forget yourself and go to work."  The Lord will bless us as we begin to seek his will instead of our own wills.  He will bless us with peace and happiness.  The mission is going great.  The area is progressing and we are beginning to make headway with many of our investigators.  They are feeling the spirit and are beginning to come to church.  It is such a blessing to be able to see peoples lives change because of the Gospel.  I hope that all is well and that you are all doing well.  Remember in these crazy times to never stop reading and praying.  Daily greece is cheep.  Do not forget to oil your spiritual machines daily.  Our Savior Jesus Christ lives and he loves each and everyone of us I know this.  He wants happiness for us we just need to allow him to bless us with that happiness.  I love you all and thank you so much for all that you bless me with.  Hugs and kisses from Virginia.

Elder Adams

That last e-mail was very self centered and I am very sorry for that.  A little up date on the investigators in this area.  We met a lady this week named Wendy Adams.  We only taught her but she has a family of about 5 or 6.  She was very open to hearing the gospel and wanted to learn more.  When we extended to her the baptismal invite she said that she must first know that the Book of Mormon and what we have told her is true.  We asked her if she knew how she could obtain that answer.  She said "Well first I need to read and then pray, our Heavenly Father knows everything."  It was so amazing to see her teach herself.  We have not had the opportunity to get in touch with her after that lesson but she is golden.   Another investigator that we taught this week was Fred Wheeler.  He is such a Christ like man.  He has opened up his house multiple times to people that are struggling and can't seem to get away from bad habits.  He helps them out and becomes there friend.  It is so amazing to see how charitable this man is toward everyone.  Anyway we talked to him about the power of the Atonement and how it can help us change and become even better people.  He loved it.  The spirit was so strong in that lesson.  Another great person that we were able to teach was Thomas he has lung cancer and is probably the strongest person that I know.  Everyday he goes in for treatments of radiation and comes home.  He is so worn out by the treatments that he sleeps all day and all night just to get up in the morning and do it all again.  It's so crazy to think about how strong his faith is and how much the Savior loves him.  You asked if I had had any baptisms and no I haven't.  I figure that as long as I do what I am suppose to do everyday baptisms will come.  The people in Virginia are amazing they are a loving faithful people.  Some are stronger than I could every imagine being.  I am so sorry that my e-mails have been all about me this past three months.  I will let you guys know all about the people of Virginia.  I love this work and thank my Heavenly Father for letting me be a part of this amazing work.  I love Him.  Thank you for all that you do I love you guys.

Elder Adams

you said that you put $50 in my bank last week what do you want me to do with that?
I am getting everything that you are writing.  Ok thanks for being the finance behind this.
that baptism did go through
His name was Tim Sheerer.  I didn't not find him or teach him.  It was an investigator that Elder Collie and Gronning taught.  I was just part of that companionship for a couple of weeks sense my companion decided to go home.  Well I got to go Love you have a great week I will talk to you next week. Bye


No comments:

Post a Comment