Monday, October 28, 2013

Happy Halloween

hey I'm on you sent me a bunch of stuff but no general email.

Sorry I don't think that I should watch the Goblin Topper video...  You will have to just write me about it and tell me what happened.  I did get Devin and Arista's package and it was greatly appreciated.  It looks like that house is moving right along.  That is so exciting.  It's crazy house fast things go from week to week.  It seems like just yesterday I was looking at a hole in the ground.  That is sweet that you are going to finish up Grandpas temple work.  I have been thinking about that for a while now and was going to check up and make sure that you didn't forget.  You sound like you are very busy with work and getting everything ready.  Just never forget to take time to relax.  If we are up tight and always trying to do things we won't be as effective as we could be if we take breaks and then give our full effort.
We had another great week in Colonial Heights.  We were able to see the Federoff's at church for the second week in a row! It's so sweet.  April Federoff has been taught the lessons multiple times and just can't see why it is so important to be baptized and follow our Savior Jesus Christ.  We are trying to set her with the date of Nov. 23  It's going to be sweet to see that family united in Christ.  The Father, Adam, is already a member and he is changing.  He use to smoke and doesn't any more.  Also anytime that they would go to church and there kids would act out he would get very upset.  Now he just smiles and says it's totally fine.  Atleast we were able to come for the time we came.  Such a great testimony builder of this work.  Another awesome update is Thomas, the dude with lung cancer, is done with radiation.  He now has to wait tell Dec. 3 to see what is going to happen next.  He is determined to fight cancer and defeat it.  He is such an inspiration.  It is such a blessing to be able to see how much he rely's on Jesus Christ to strengthen him through fighting cancer.  As for Virginia it is beginning to get cold here.  Our bike rides at night are so cold it is ridiculous.  I haven't had to break out the P coat though.  Probably this week who knows.  A member told us this week that this could be the coldest winter Virginia has ever had. SICK!
Thank you so much for the advise this week.  I have been struggling a lot this week on loving the people even though that is what I wanted to work on.  To first read about it this morning in my studies and then to have my loving mother tell me that is a testimony builder to me that this church is true and that our Heavenly Father loves us.  Thank you so much I will for sure work on that this week and all through out my mission.  I love you guys so much.  I know that this church is true and I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and is always there for us.  I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can be changed.  His grace is sufficient to change us and make us a tool in the Lords hand.  I love you all so much and thank you for all that you do for me.  I especially love you mom you are such a blessing in my life.  I wouldn't want any other mother as my mother. You have taught me so much and so many valuable lessons on how to be a good person, how to show gratitude to our Heavenly Father, and especially how to love everyone.  Thank you I love you all and will talk to you next week.  With love from Virginia hugs and kisses to all.

Elder Adams 

One last things sorry.  This month we have been studying Obedience as a mission.  I started reading the Book of Mormon and noticed that the first message that Nephi talks about in the first Seven Chapters is Obedience.  I invite you to look at the importance of obedience.  Read the first Seven Chapters of 1nephi and any other scriptures that may come to mind.  Obedience brings blessings but exact obedience brings miracles.  I love this gospel it is so simple when we just look to the Savior and follow in his foot steps.  I love you and say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

I couldn't the computer I am on doesn't have the right soft wear.  Sorry.
Well sorry I live in Ghetto Colonial Heights.  Just kidding I love it here it is awesome!
Ok I will try that.  Thanks for that advice I wrote in down in my planner and will read it a lot this week.  Love you man.
sorry mom
instead of man ya know
ooo dang how is that going? is she in a lot of pain?
Alright well I got to go bye I love you we will talk to you next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment