Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year

I'm on I only have an hour in this new library.
how ya doin?
Of courst he loved them.  We only wore our scarfs Christmas day no coats or anything it was cold but exciting!
no I love them.  by the way my new address is 227 E Piedmont Street Culpeper VA, 22701.  if you were wondering...:)

Well I know where I am now... Kinda... I got transfered to an area by the name of Piedmont Verginia.  It's crazy the area I'm in is just a bunch of farm towns.  We cover three counties out here.  I feel like I am in the middle of no were it's a crazy feeling.  Another thing that is really cool is that up here you feel like you are in England.  Or atleast what I think would feel that way.  Every morning we wake up to a rooster that is just screaming his lungs out.  It's great.  The first day that I got here it was super cold only about 32 degrees and snowing.  Crazy right!  It was so crazy I hadn't seen snow in forever so I was freaking out!  Man it's awesome though.  My new companions name is Elder Hill.  He is fresh from the MTC again.  It's so great to be able to train two times in a row.  It's a blessing from the Lord that I am so greatful for I love it! I will have to take some pictures this week of the town and send it to you.  The down town area reminds me of the movie Hautchie.  I'm almost positive that they filmed the movie here.  I'm sorry that new years wasn't to good for you.  It's such a blessing to just be able to have a new opportunity to better ourselves and look at ways that we can become closer to Christ.  That's funny that you would ask me that question.  I have been studying in my personaly studies how I can be a better leader.  President Wilson and the Lord have given me an even greater blessing of being able to be a district leader.  I have wondered how I can lead my district in righteousness but in a loving way.  I invite you to go and read D&C 121:41-46.  Now I know that this is talking about the priesthood but the attributes and the ideas that the lord gives us here can be applied to any calling in life, most importantly mother and father hood.  The scriptures tell us everything as long as we are willing to open up out minds and listen to them.  The Lord wants to bless us I know that he does.  I know that he lives with all of my heart.  I know this because when ever I pray I feel his love, peace and comfort come over me.  I wish that I could just put into words how much I love being out here on a mission.  You are constantly given new challenges and new things that you have to learn how to deal with.  Now I couldn't do this by myself at all I know that my Savior has been here always to help and strengthen me.  There is no way that I could serve a mission without my Savior Jesus Christ.  I love my Savior with all of my heart.  I know that he lives and that he loves each and every one of us.  So we had a pretty sweet experience this week.  Elder Hill and I were new to the area and there wasn't a lot in the area book.  We decided the best thing to do was to fast.  We started a fast to lead and guided by the spirit to know where to go and what to say to people.  During and after our fast we have run into so many people that are eager to here the gospel.  We went to church on Sunday and the entire ward was excited to see us and wanted to tell us all about the neighbors they had been fellowshipping and dying to get the missionaries to teach.  The power of fasting is insane.  The blessings that the Lord is willing to grant us as long as we are willing are incredable.  I love this work so much it is such a blessing to be able to be out here in the service of my Heavenly Father.  I know that he lives and that he loves us.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  I love you all and hope that you have a great week.  Thank you for all of your prayers and support that you are giving me.  I couldn't do it without a loving family.  I love you all.  With lots of hugs and kisses and love from Virginia.
Elder Adams

Yes I'm in a car I cover three counties. Yes everything fit.  I left some stuff just cuz I was brain dead but I will get it sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment