Monday, June 9, 2014

Sod

That is so great that Brother Frankie just calls you all the time.  I wish I could give you an over view of the actual talk but I don't write my talks down.  I just write down little notes to follow.... I can give you those but they are nothing like the real deal.  We don't have a lot of time to write today.  We had to go to the Library.  That is so great that you were able to finish the yard.  That will be way exciting when it's all said and done.  That is crazy that Brannen is getting married tell him I say congratulations.  This work is going great out here.  It sounds like there are many blessings back home.  That is so awesome about what Devin said.  That's the crazy thing.  All of us are so scared to give up the natural man because we think that we are happy and we think for some weird reason that following Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ won't be even better.  As soon as we do that and surrender our will to the Fathers there are great blessings in the kingdom of God.  I can't wait for the second coming it's going to be glorious day but we have a lot of work to be done. 
This area is doing great. We are really trying to work on finding new solid investigators. The ones that we have been teaching lately have not been progressing and we fell that we are being as productive as we could be. This week on Saturday there was an opportunity for me to go back to my past area and see an investigator that I taught be baptized. I decided not to attended that baptism. I just felt that we needed to stay in our area and work. We ended up having to go and finish transfer suggestions. There was a great miracle waiting. We had taught this lady a couple weeks ago and she was golden unfortunately after we taught her, her entire life went completely out of control. We kept trying to meet with her but she just couldn't find the time. When we showed up to the library on Saturday we walked in and I recognized one of her little girls. I asked her if her mom was here and she was! We talked with her for a bit and she said that she was coming to church this week. She came! She is set to be baptized on June 28. It is so amazing to see how much this gospel has changed her life and given her a new hope. I know that my Savior Jesus Christ is watching out for me and that he loves me and cares for me. I love my Savior with all my heart. I know that the only reason why I am able to see the miracles that I see is because of my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that this church is true and I know that it has been restored by God. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it teaches us how and what we must do to follow Christ. I love this work.
I have been thinking about your comment of how blessed we are when a missionary is serving in our Family.  I know that that plays a very big role in how much we are blessed no doubt about it.  I also think though that we can receive a lot of great blessings by just doing that simple things.  Having our minds constantly filled with the things of the scriptures.  That is something that I have been trying to do.  Always have something that has to do with eternity on my mind rather than pointless things that don't really matter.  I invite you to try this have a study in the morning then ponder about that study all through out your day it's amazing how many great things you learn.  I love this work and I love my Savior.  I love all of you and hope that everything is going great.  You are so amazing.  Anything will do for the 4th of July package.  I love you so much and hope that you are having a great day and week.  With all my love and hugs and kisses from Virginia.

Elder Adams 

No comments:

Post a Comment