Monday, June 30, 2014

One Year Mark

This week was a great week.  It sound like you had a pretty busy week and another one right ahead of ya.  That is way exciting.  I can't believe that it's already been a year sense I left from my mission it is crazy to think about.  The time has flown by and I hear that it only goes by even faster this next year.  I am not happy about that at all!!!  Your trip sounds like it was a lot of fun.  Sorry about spending so much money these past couple of weeks.  I have been terrible at budgeting... I am going to be better this month I promise.  No more spending money.  Except for I still haven't found a side bag so I'm going to have to buy one of those... I am super sorry I hate spending money.
This week we were able to see Banita Flowers be baptized.   She is such an amazing lady.  I'm going to see if she will type up her story and send it to you.  It is one of the most inspiring things that I have ever heard.  It was so amazing to be able to see how much joy this brought her and how much joy it will continue to bring her family.  Two of her girls will be baptized this weekend.  The other two will be baptized at the end of the summer when they come back from Chicago.  It has been such a blessing to be able to work with the Flowers family.  They are amazing.  We also have two other baptisms this week.  One of Lamont Robinson and another of a boy by the name of Matthew Huffman.  Matthew was a surprise baptism.  His dad texted us Saturday night and said, "Elders my son is ready to be baptized."  So he's getting baptized July 4.  I am so excited this is going to be a week of baptisms it is going to be sweet!!!! 
This week I have really had my eyes opened to the responsibilities and purpose for the priesthood here on this earth.  There is a reason why we all can receive the blessings of the Priesthood but males are the bearers of the priesthood.  I have found that our Heavenly Father knows each and everyone of us and has a purpose for all of us to fulfill.  I have found it very interesting to see how the Lord works in our life and how he has a greater purpose and a plan for us then we can understand.  It's important that we understand that there is a purpose for everything that is occurring.  Everything will forever be according to the Lords will.  If we humble ourselves and ask our Heavenly Father for divine guidance he will show us what we need to learn and how we can become better.  I know that the purpose of this life is not simple to go through the motions that it's not to reach a certain level and then to plateau.  We are forever suppose to eternally progress and our Heavenly Father helps us to do that by the challenges, the callings, the trials, and the blessings that we have in our life.  I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives and that he loves each and everyone of us.  I know that this church is true.  I know that our Heavenly Father has a purpose and a plan for each of us that we can fulfill in this life.  I know that by daily praying and reading our scriptures we can understand this plan and come in line with our Heavenly Fathers will.  I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  I love my Savior with all my Heart and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.  I love you and hope that you have a great week.  Thank you for all that you do in helping me become who I need to be.  Thank you so much.  I love you and with all my love from Virginia.

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment