Monday, June 22, 2015

Happy Father's Day!

I think it's either soc10cer32 or 10soccer
Yes just for a little bit


Dear family,
Mom I am so sorry for not e-mailing you that password sooner.  When one of the assistants is going home President and Sister Wilson take us to any historical site that we wanted to see in the mission so that was this p-day.  We ended up going to Monticello and James Monroes house.  It was a lot of fun but I am super sorry about that.  Hopefully everything went well... If not it will all be ok!  It sounds like you've had a lot to do and in the up coming weeks even more to do.  You are going to be busy busy busy.  I hope that you had a very good week and that everything is going great.
This week was really cool.  We had the blessing of having Elder Perkins a member of the seventy come to our mission and do a mission tour.  Just a fun fact Elder Perkins son playing for the Bryton team that we beat in the semi-final game the year we won state.  We instantly had some stuff to talk about.  They were amazing people we were able to learn so much as a mission and are very eager to apply it.  Lots of really cool things that occurred.
We were able to see Charley Farmer be baptized this weekend.  It was a super huge blessing to be able to be a part of that.  He was a friend of Perla Corona the young lady that got baptized two week ends ago.  He said that he was looking for a home and is so great fun that he finally found one.  It is so amazing to be able to see how the Lord is preparing his children for the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I love this work!  There is nothing greater than putting on the white shirt and tie every day and serving the Lord.
About a month ago my companion and I decided to listen to nothing but the Mormon tabernacle choir.  We were trying to fine toon our life's to the spirit so that we could do His work His way.  We instantly saw miracles.  As we were finding people would listen to us more often and they wanted to set up appointments more often as well.  We saw so many great blessing but then these last couple of weeks we literally saw the windows of heaven open up.  We had been working with the young lady for not to long and she decided to be baptized really quickly.  While we were teaching her she invited one of her friends to come to church with her.  He came, we taught him and he just got baptized this week end.  You would think that these last two weeks couldn't get any better but here comes one of the greatest miracles ever!  We had been teaching this unmarried couple for about two weeks.  He was a returning member that called us and asked if we could sit down and teach him and his nonmember girl friend.  The commitment we had left them was to read the Restoration pamphlet.  They came back with some questions.  They asked about the law of chastity and if they would have to get married in order for her to be baptized.  They said that they were going to talk about it and see what they were going to do. This lesson happened on a Tuesday, we set up a lesson for Friday.  As soon as they get out of there car they come over to us and say, "So we did it.  We are married."  My companions had to scrape me up off the pavement.  God opened up the windows of heaven and let this huge miracle occur.  I know that as we are more obedient in the Lords work miracles will occur.  I know that as we purify our life we can understand how to follow his spirit more clearly.  I know with all my heart that my Savior lives and loves each and everyone of us.  I know that this church is the true church of God once again established here on this earth.  I know the gospel is true and I love my Savior.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
I just thank you so much for all that you've done for me and all that you continue to do for me.  Thank you so much!  It means so much to me that I have such a supportive family.  You mean the world to me.  Thank you for all that you've done for me.  I love you!  Have a great week with all my love from Virginia.

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment