Monday, July 27, 2015

XOXOXO

Hey I won't be able to write you during the day spending the day with
the Wilsons.

I can talk for a little bit though. 

All I can say is wow.... It's crazy to think that it's been two years, 24 months, 104 weeks, 728 days, 17472 hours.  It's flown by in the blink of an eye.  I truly have seen the hand of God here in Virginia.  I have been changed by these two years and there is no way that I can ever go back to what I use to be.  The mission truly is the hardest thing that I have ever done but it is the most happiness I have ever felt in my life.  Reading your e-mail brought many tears to my eyes and joy/sadness that I can not describe.  There is nothing better than waking up in the morning and knowing exactly what you are doing.  Knowing that you are serving the Lord that he has prepared someone out there to receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know that I have seen the hand of God no one could ever tell me that he is not real, that he doesn't love each and everyone of his children, or that the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is not true.  There is no doubt in my mind that the Savior.  
This week I was able to see that.  We were in meetings all week so on Saturday when we finally got to go out and find miracles occurred.  We were walking down the streets of Richmond and this guy had his head phones on and we asked to talk to him.  He took his head phones off and we taught him about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  He loved it.  We invited him to come to a baptism that would be happening at 6 that night.  He came and absolutely loved it.  We then taught him after the baptism about the Gospel of Jesus Christ we then invited him to be baptized on August 2.  He wanted to know what he would have to do to prepare.  So we taught him about the word of wisdom.  He told us about how crazy this experience is: his birthday is May 2, Moroni came to Joseph on that day, a week ago he wanted to recreate himself by quitting smoking, we teach him about the word of wisdom, he's been applying to DuPont, our bishop works for DuPont.  He then says that he will be to church the next day and he will prepare for baptism.  He came and quit smoking and is progressing fast towards baptism.  It is amazing to see others make covenants with our Savior.  What a fabulous miracle of the week!
I will forever keep the e-mail that you sent me and cherish that.  I will have the "All Star" song running through my mind.  "The greatest adventure is what lies ahead" this statement is so true.  I have learned from all the great experiences that I've had and have been forever changed by them.  My mission will forever be sacred to me.  Anything that good happens in my life will be forever attributed to the two years I spent in a foreign land.  I didn't know anyone or anything about what it was going to be like here.  Now this is my home.  My heart will love these people forever.  I know look back and see moments of triumph and moments of sorrow but the one constant was my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  He was by me through thick and thin, big and small.  Never did I ever feel his presence leave.  At times I would think there was no way to go on but something would push me and I would find a little more strength.  This was not my own but my Saviors.  The Atonement has become personal to me.  I thought I knew so,eying about it before but I knew only a part of my Saviors love.  It is the fruit described by Lehi, "And it came to pass that I beheld a tree, whose fruit was desirable to make one happy. And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the fruit thereof; and I beheld that it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted. Yea, and I beheld that the fruit thereof was white, to exceed all the whiteness that I had ever seen." (1 Nephi 8:10-11). I love my Savior with all my heart.  I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God that he was called by God to do his will.  I know that the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ has a power to change lives.  I know with all my heart that the Book of Mormon is true.  That it is the way that we can get nearer to God than by any other book.  My last and official witness is I know that He lives.  I know that the Savior Jesus Christ lives.  He died and on the third day he rose.  I know this with all my heart.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

With all my love from Virginia,
Elder Adams

Hey mom I sent my bike it costed $160.  Gonna need some money in the
account for food this week... Sorry about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment