Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Allstars

Thank you for your e-mail this week.  It was great to be able to hear from you.  My love goes to you guys you are amazing.  Man that is crazy to think the house that I lived in for my whole life is not the one I will be returning to.  It's totally fine I am excited for this new adventure that lies ahead of us.  Just like the Varsity Allstars songs says, "The greatest adventure is what lies ahead today and tomorrow are yet to be said the choices the changes are all yours to make the mold of your life is in your  hands to shape."  So true everyday we have the opportunity to change our life.  It all starts with us and then the world around us will change.  I'm actually kinda glad you guys did all the moving that sounds like crazy stuff.  All though it would be super fun to be able to go through all of the old stuff that you guys probably found and talk about all the great memories.  When is the house scheduled to be done? Before Christmas maybe?  Anyway enough about all the crazy things.  How is your member missionary work going.  I keep thinking about sending the missionaries to Ryan and Aubrey.  They need the gospel we need to reach out to everyone this is the hastening of the work.  Sorry I didn't write you guys yesterday we had a mission conference with a first quorum of the seventy guy.  Man it was great.  His name was Elder Sitati.  Inspirational to say the least.  How is everything going back home.  Is everything going good?  I love you.

So this week was a great week.  We were able to teach the Federoffs multiple times.  They are beginning to progress!!!!!!  She has started to give up coffee and they are trying to read and pray every night as a family it is such a great blessing to see them begin to accept the gospel.  The greatest thing is that they don't even realize they are changing.  The spirit works in such a natural way that often times we don't notice it or even realize what we are doing until we look back on out lives and say wow look where the Lord has brought me.  I encourage you to look back on you life and see the hand of the Lord and how he has directed you.  There are so many great blessings that we often miss but are definitely there.  Another great thing that happened this week is we got back in touch with Shakitha Cowart.  You might remember her from around September time we had her set for baptism September 21 but then she dropped us.  We talked to her again this week and were able to set her with a new date November 30.  With her two kids.  She loves the gospel and can't wait for her family to be blessed from it.  It is such a great blessing to be able to see peoples lives change in this work.  So many times people look at missionary work as a two big year sacrifice but really it's two years of just fun and excitement and blessing after blessing.  It can be hard at times but as long as you remember your love of Jesus Christ the hardest as well as the easiest times can be a joy!  This work is so great.  The work in Colonial Heights is moving forward and it's exciting to see it.

This Monday we had a mission conference like I said.  Elder Sitati pointed out something very interesting in his talks.  He had a turn to Moroni 7:39-43.  We began reading it.  Notice what it tells us in the first couple of lines, "I judge that ye have faith if Christ because of your meekness."  Then at the end it says in verse 43, "...he cannot have faith and hope, save he shall be meek, and lowly of heart."  To many times we think that we know how to do things or that we have had faith in Jesus Christ before so we know how to do it.  We need to always realize that we NEED our Father in Heaven always.  Everything starts with meekness.  If we want to be happy we need to be meek.  If we want to love more we need to be meek.  If we want to have the spirit as a constant companion we need to be meek.  This was such a blessing for me to hear this.  I had been trying to figure out how to love the people of Virginia more.  Then the Lord blessed me with that beautiful truth.  There is no doubt in my mind that my Savior knows me and loves me.  He listens to my prayers every night when I kneel down and talk with him.  He is so loving and kind.  He knows exactly how to succor me according to my infirmities.  I love my Savior Jesus Christ with all of my Heart.  I love this work and I would not rather be any where but here in Virginia giving him everything that I have for two years of my life.  I love it so much it is such blessing.  I share with you this truth simply because I want you all to experience the joy that I am feeling at this moment.  I love you all and thank you so much for all that you have given me and done for me.  Know that you are in my prayers and that I love all of you.  Take care of yourselves and have a great week.  Mwah kisses and hugs from Virginia.

Elder Adams

P.S. Open up my blog to the pubic let anyone who wants to see it see it.  That is a form of missionary work.  Thanks love you. 
I am in a great mood.  Nothing better than being in the service of my God.  Have fun with that meeting.  Good Luck!  I will pray for Arista.
O grandma said you were.... Scary right
No we do a finding activity every wednesday were we open up the chruch for an hour and a half to all the hood ballers and while they are sitting off waiting for their team to play we take them on tours it's awesome.
Yeah maybe it was a typo
Well times up I gotta go see you later!  I love you so much thank you for all that you do for me. Mwah have a great week.

Elder Adams
 S

No comments:

Post a Comment