Monday, November 25, 2013

Sue

Hello:) Didn't receive an e-mail again you there?
I got the talk and the email is not here tho
No nothing... Why did you send me that talk?
This is weird.... I feel like I've heard it before.  A lot of things are happening like this I keep thinking that I've done a lot of the stuff that is happening this week...
HAHAHAH Verizon.  For real what is up with technology?
We are going to the Bishops house.  That is way sweet.  Yes they are awesome thank you love them so much.
So there is an Elder here that knows how to play the ukulele.  I want to learn how to.  Could I buy one today? Is there money to do that? 
Idk probably at most 50


This week has been such a great week.  My heart is full with gratitude to my Heavenly Father for all that he has given me and all of the people that he has prepared for me to teach out here in the mission field.  It is such an amazing blessing to be able to work in the service of my God I love it so much!  I hope that you are all doing well in Utah.  It sounds like you are doing amazing.  I would like to share a miracle with you that happened last night.  This happened last night with a lady named Sue. She has gone from church to church and has been baptized twice into different churches. She says that she thought she new the truth multiple times but for some reason it always seems like there is more. Last week she told us, "If I'm going to be a Mormon then I need to know everything I want a Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and a Pearl of Great Price." I was hesitant at first to give her all of these things but the spirit said that it would be ok. We sat down with her to teach her about atonement Sunday night but got into the topic of the restoration. We were talking about how Joseph Smith saw God the Eternal Father and Jesus Christ. She couldn't believe that it just wasn't making sense for her. The spirit then prompted me to go and read Joseph Smith History. We started in verse 6 and began reading. The spirit was so strong there is no doubt in my mind that she felt it and that she now can build on her knowledge that this church is true. We stopped after the first vision but then began reading the chapter headings. When we got done we paused she said, "You know I think I need to know the history to understand the restoration of the Gospel it's all starting to make sense." We invited her to be baptized on December 28. She told us no at first but then changed her mind and said she would mark it on her calendar. The spirit was truly working on her it was by far the best lesson that I have been a witness of. I did not say anything that changed her mind it was all the spirit and it's testifying power. I always like to say we can either let us teach for and hour or we can let the spirit teach for 2 minutes and the latter will be much more effective.  This church is so true and the lord is working through us.  All we have to do is be humble an willing to follow our Savior and he will show us his will.  I love my Savior so much and know that he lives I am so happy to be out here on a mission doing his work.  I am not sure what I want for Christmas.  Surprise me.  I am just so greatful for the opportunity that I get to serve my Heavenly Father during this Christmas it will be such a great blessing.  I love you guys and hope that everything is going ok.  This church is true and the Book of Mormon is the Word of God.  I love you have a great week.  Mwah.  With Love From Virginia hugs and kisses too.

Elder Adams


Can't have the Ipod touch out here mission pres said no.  And yes.
Or a flash drive would work.  If you can't do that it's totally fine.  I don't want to be a burden.

ok thank you so much mom.  Just know that I love you and I'm trying my hardest to keep the family name bright and true.  I thank you for all that you do for me and all that you have done to prepare me to serve my full time mission I could not have done it if it weren't for you to walk by my side and tell me what I need to do.  you are such an amazing daughter of our Heavenly Father and you do so much for his Kingdom.  Always remember to keep being that example.  Just because you don't have kids at home doesn't mean you can stop now you got nephews nieces and soon grandchildren.  I love you with all of my heart and thank you for everything that you have done for me.  Mwah.  I have to go and do the work of the lord but know that I love you that I pray for you and dad and that you guys are the best parents a boy in this world could ever ask for.  I love you guys.  

Elder Adams

P.S-Show this to dad please. 
 S

No comments:

Post a Comment