Monday, November 18, 2013

Baptism




Well this week was a great week.  We were able to see a lot of success.  The people here in Colonial heights are beginning to change and there attitude towards missionaries are changing to.  We are going to have a baptism this coming Tuesday the 26 of November for a young African American boy named Ej Shaw.  I have been teaching him for the past 4.5 months that I have been out here in Virginia.  He is so excited to get baptized and have a remission of his sins.  To be able to start over and no longer have to worry about his past.  It is so awesome.  We were also able to teach the Federoffs this week again.  Addam and April tried to stay for all three hours of church today but they had to leave an hour early because their kids wanted to go home.  It is such an amazing thing to see the Federoff family change and come closer to there Savior Jesus Christ.  Probably the greatest miracle of all that we saw this week is from a young couple named Alan Blott and Samantha Tehee.  We found them a couple weeks ago and began teaching them.  They came to church about two weeks ago and come to find out Samantha, the member, new one of our ward members.  They instantly hit it off and became friends.  Alan loves the church he always asks question so that he can understand and know more about what is going on.  He also in Elders quorum started to participate and become one with the ward.  It is such an amazing thing to be able to see him and how he is changing.  The work is going great here in the Colonial Heights Area.  I will be staying here through out Christmas.  We had transfer calls last night and I was told that I was not going anywhere.  What a blessing!  I love this area the people here are so prepared to hear the gospel and to know what they can do to draw closer to our Heavenly Father.  
So last night I was able to learn something very important.  As we came home from our day and we had finished up planning I thought that I was going to get transferred.  The thought then passed through my mind, "Have I done enough?"  I have been able to reflect upon this for a while but the spirit taught me one things.  You should only with 100% of what you have 100% of the time.  There should never be a time when you only give 99.9% it should always be all of nothing.  When we give everything that we have to our Heavenly Father just as it states in 2 Nephi 2:25 that after all we can the grace of God can then perfect us.  Now this is not to be confused the grace of God will be with us always during every trial every hard time everything but as long as we are putting everything we have into it.  The thing that I learned this week is always make sure that we are giving 100%, 100% of the time to the Lord.  I know that this Church is true and that our Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us even if at time we mess up or we doubt.  He is always there by our side to strengthen us and make us stronger.  I know that the Book of Mormon can answer all of our question and that if we study it we truly can unlock the power of God.  I know all these things to be true and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  I love you all and hope that everything is going great.  Have and amazing week.  Hugs and Kisses from Virginia.

Elder Adams 

Well I hope everything is going good didn't receive an e-mail.  I love you and hope all is well talk to you next week. mwah

No comments:

Post a Comment