Monday, February 10, 2014

Happy Valentines Day

No Way that is super sweet!!! Have you guys been watching it a lot?
hahaha funny stuff right.  It's crazy how fast the time flies.  I can still remember the day I left like it was yesterday the time is going by way quick.
What do you not feel the same way?
What!!! You are silly.  It has gone by so fast.
start reading the scriptures... or go to the temple or do family history work.


Well this week has been another awesome week in the mission field.  It's such a great blessing to be in the service of our Heavenly Father every day.  There is nothing better than working all day everyday in bringing happiness to everyone around you.  That is crazy to hear about all of the people getting married.  That is so cool that Brannen is getting married.  IT'S ABOUT TIME.  Just kidding.  I don't think I really need anything.  Thank you for sending the package.  You really don't have to send me a package but I thank you so much for doing that.  I haven't been able to contact our ward mission leader about Tom Adams because he has been in Utah for the past two weeks.  He should be coming back this week so I will talk to him and see if he knows any of that information.  It sounds like the new ward is way sweet.  Speaking in sacrament meeting is a blessing.  Look forward to those experiences.  It's awesome when you get to teach because our Heavenly Father will always bless you with new knowledge and a better understanding of that topic.  We haven't had to many storms back here lately.  We some times get a little bit of snow but nothing bad enough to shut things down again.  Then again they do shut everything down for the dumbest reasons out here so who knows it could happen.  Transfer calls were yesterday and I am not getting transferred.  It look like I will be staying in Piedmont for another six weeks.  I am so excited this area is about ready to explode in missionary work.
This week was a great week.  I was able to learn a very valuable lesson.  As I have gone through mission so far I have really been noticing the importance of listening.  It is so important that we listen to those around us.  Make sure that everything is off of our mind and truly try to listen to people as they express their feelings.  This week I was able to learn the importance of expressing your feelings.  I was first able to see the blessings of expressing your feelings to investigators.  As I tried to bear pure heart felt testimony the spirit was so much strong than if I were to just go through the motions.  As I truly began to express how I really felt about them and wanted to help them grow and come close to my Savior they understood that I loved them.  It get even better.  I started to see that expressing your true emotion not only applies to teaching lesson but it also applies to relationships such as family and friends.  I was able to talk to my companion in heart felt conversation one morning and it brought the spirit so strongly into our lives.  It helped us understand what we can do better in all aspects of the work.  Now the greatest one is expressing heart felt concerns to our Heavenly Father.  To many times we go through prayers with little to no effort.  We simply pray because we have to.  As I have got on my knees every night and strived to have true heart felt prayers and pray for those whom I love I have been able to feel my Heavenly Fathers love so strongly towards these individuals.  It has been such a blessing to be able to express to my Heavenly Father all my wants desires and true emotions.  I know that when we kneel down and pray to our Heavenly Father and express our true desires he will bless us with those things that we ask for, "Ask and ye shall receive."  The most important lesson is that our Heavenly Father man not bless us in the most obvious ways.  Read David A. Bednar's talk in last general Conference.  He helps us understand that the Lord is going to bless us in simple ways that could be over looked if not looked upon with eyes and hearts of gratitude.  Be thankful for the little things understand that our Heavenly Father loves you.  I know that he loves me I have been able to see so many blessings on a daily bases as I have been out here on my mission.  I know that my Redeemer lives and that he loves each and everyone of us.  I know that he is the Savior of the World and that through him I can do all things.  I know these things to be true and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  I hope that you have all have a great week.  Know that I love you and that you are in my prayers.  I thank you so much for all that you do.  All the support and love that is sent my way.  I thank you so much for everything that you have done for me.  I love you.  With lots of love and hugs and kisses from Virginia.

Elder Adams

There is always work to be done in the kingdom of God.
There ya go.  Are you doing ok mom?
I'm great! you better not be lying to me.  
sorry I'll get you some.  Well I got to go.  I will write you next week.  Know that I love you and will be praying for you.  Have a great week!!! MWAH hugs and kisses from Virginia.

Elder Adams













No comments:

Post a Comment