Monday, February 3, 2014

Superbowl

This week was such a great week.  Holly Cow so many miracles and blessings and wonderful blessing.  The weather is being super weird up here.  One day it will be 18 degrees and snowing and the next day it will be 75 degrees and sunny.  It's pretty crazy all of the weather patterns up here.  That's way sweet that you were able to have that many people over for the super bowl party.  That sounds like it was a blast.  It was pretty sweet we had a member that actually invited us over to eat with them before the super bowl.  There name is the Coopers.  They live in this sweet house that is right on a lake.  We did not watch the game we just talk with all of the people that were their and then shared a message then tried to go and contact and teach some people during the super bowl.  Yeah people don't really want to listen while a football game is on.  It's pretty crazy to see how people would put a game before Jesus Christ and eternal happiness.
We have a family that is set for Feb. 27.  Their names are the Beasley's.  It's the Dad, son and daughter, Anthony Sr., Anthony Jr., and Kiana.  They are golden.  There mother is already a member and is really helping the process move a long and supporting her husband and kids.  It is so amazing to see their desire to go and to follow our Savior Jesus Christ.  I love this work it is such a blessing to be able to see these people change their lives.  We have been able to see so many miracles happening on a daily bases where our Heavenly Father is putting people in our path that we need to talk to and tell them of this gospel.  We have been able to see so many blessings.  I think that probable the greatest blessing is being able to see Devin and Arista going to the temple.  The other week I was thinking about about the blessing that I have received from serving a mission.  I have been so blessed out here but I think the greatest thing that has occurred is seeing my brother and his wife preparing for the temple.  I love this gospel it brings so much happiness to life and really helps us when times are tough and we feel down.  This work is amazing I love it so much.  These last couple of weeks a thought has been coming to my mind a lot.  How do we become fully converted?  I do not know a lot on this topic or how to become fully converted.  It has become very apparent to me that we must all become converted to the Lords will.  There will come a time in all of our lives when our faith will be tested and  our testimonies tried.  It is up to us to prepare now.  The time to prepare in not when the problem hits but rather while the skies are still blue.  When there is no apparent reason to prepare.  By prepare we not only strengthen ourselves but we show our love for our Savior Jesus Christ that we want to get closer to him that we want to be best friends with him.  I invite you guys to study the topic of conversion.  See what it is that you can do to KNOW these things are true.  Faith starts out simple but as we change and become more focused on the will of God things will become real to us.  Then we can stand as many great men and woman of the scriptures and of these Latter-days and say that I know with a surety that this church is true that our redeemer lives and that he has Atoned for our sins.  I know that conversion is a process but we can never go wrong when we set a goal to get closer to our Savior.  I know that this church is true.  I know that my Savior lives.  I know that he loves me.  I know that he Book of Mormon is the Word of God.  I know that we need strength beyond our own to be able to accomplish the things in this life.  I know that my Savior walks with me everyday and is there by my side.  He is so loving and compassionate and caring.  I know these things to be true and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  Mom thank you so much for baring your testimony it was very powerful and I loved it.  Yesterday we were talking to  a young mother and how much she loves he children.  I was able to look back on my childhood and see all of the times that you went completely out of your way to make my day better.   Even if you didn't have the time our were to busy you were still there always cheering me on and helping me in everything.  I thank you so much for that and love you with all of my Heart you are an amazing mother.  Thank you for all that you have done for me.  You have done an amazing job as a mother and generations will be blessed because of your righteous example.  I love you all and hope you have a great week.  With lots of hugs kisses and love from Virginia. 

Elder Adams 

Mom you are you just gotta believe in yourself. Say that you can rather you can't.
Mom you are great don't get down on yourself.  There were so many times like when you made me that sack lunch for soccer.  You could have just thrown in together and shipped it off but no you wrote me a note and told me that you love me.  You were an amazing mom always worrying about Family.
Well I got to go.  I love you mom.  Have a great week! you are amazing.  I will always watch out for my mother no matter where in the world I am.  Love you hugs and kisses.

Elder Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment