Tuesday, February 18, 2014

What Up

Dear Mom,
Your letter ment the world to me today.  I thank you so much for writing me.  That's all I need is you to write me and let me know how you feel.  It's so great to just be able to hear from you and see how you are doing.  Thank you so much for letting me feel the love you have for me through your letters.  Thank you so much for the package.  It was a great blessing.  I loved it so much.  I have almost eaten all the candy in it already.  Man it was good.  Your Valentines day sounds like it was a blast!  That is so awesome.  Yes I remember when we did that before I left.  I think that you should join the Choir in the ward.  That would be so fun.  You have a great voice and sing amazingly.  One of my favorite memories of you is when ever you would sing in sacrament meeting.  Not only that but also singing, "There is a green hill far away."  I have no idea why that song but I can always here you singing that in my mind.  I love you so much mom you are so great.
This week was a great week.  We had a massive snow storm come through this week.  We had probably 15 inches of snow.  Man it was crazy!!!!  So what did we do? Of course we went out and started shoveling peoples walks.  The Lord saw our willingness and eagerness to get out and to work and he blessed our efferts.  So Elder Hill and I were shoveling one of our investigators cars out.  We had almost got done with that so we just started to shovel other peoples walks that were on this same street.  A man came up to me and started to talk to me.  He asked me if I could help him because he had a really bad hip and couldn't do anything.  I said of course.  I went and helped him and we talked for a little bit.  He was a Johovah Witness and wasn't interested.  He asked if we wanted anything to drink.  We were good so we just went on working.  A little bit later his guy came out again and said, "hey I know that you said you didn't want anything but i'm going to the store and I'm going to get some Cocoa.  You better drink it."  I agreed and so when he came back we went into his house and got talking.  This guy was awesome he is about 60 years old and lives with his girl friend.  He does BBQ cooking at the local street fairs.  O it gets better he learned how to do BBQ from the guy that is named best wings in Massachusetts.  This guy is good!  We talked to them and then began to teach them.  They loved the Restoration of the gospel, and they wanted to learn more.  They were so thirsty for the gospel but had no idea that they were.  It was such a testimony builder to me that people need this gospel even if they think they don't.  They desperatly need it so badly.  We are going to teach them again this week.  There were so many miracles this week from our diligent service even though Satan tried to stop us with the weather.
I am doing great.  I couldn't be happier right now in the service of my Heavenly Father.  It is such a great blessing to be out here and to be constantly working.  I love this work so much.  I love being able to put on the Black name tag and a white shirt every morning knowing that my Savior Jesus Christ is going to walk by my side that day, and point me in the direction that I need to go.  If there is one thing that I can say I know with all my heart is that my Savior Loves me and is concered for me.  He knows exaclty what I need.  He lives and he loves me.  I love this gospel so much it is such a blessing to have it in our life.  I don't think we realize how special we are to have the restored gospel in our life.  I love you all and hope that you have a great week.  I pray for you every night.  I hope that you know that if you need anything from me to let me know I would love to help you.  Mom a great way to start studying your scriptures very basically is first get a spiral note book.  Then when every you are reading write down in that note book what the spirit teaches you.  It may be hard at first but you will soon find so many great treasures that will be forever burned on your heart.  I love you and hope you have a great week.  I say these things in that name of Jesus Christ, Amen.  With lots of love and hugs and kisses from Virginia.
Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment