Monday, March 10, 2014

HAYO!

This week was a good week in the mission field.  It was crazy but I have learned so much this week I wouldn't want to trade it for anything.  How is everything going back home?  Has stuff settled down or is everything still going crazy?  I hope that you are all doing ok.  You have been in my prayers a lot this week.  An update on the Beasley Family.  We set up a trip with them for our ward mission leader to take the Beasley's up to the temple on March 22.  We are going to start prepping them for the big temple trip here in year.  There's a lot to be done and it will be so amazing to be able to see them all in white when they go to the temple.  In a year from now Elder Hill and I could go with them to the temple to be sealed.  That would be one of the great miracles ever.  We are teaching this guy that is from Africa his name is Brian Shamala.  He is amazing.  He has taught me so much about humility and diligence.  He has only been here for about two weeks.  He knew only a little bit of English but mostly spoke Swahili.  He is now reading the Book of Mormon in English and understands it.  He is amazing.  The missionary work is going awesome out here and I am loving every minute of it.  I want you all to know that I love you.  As I was reading, "Cast not away therefore your confidence" this week and going about doing missionary work my Heavenly Father blessed me with a way that I can make sure that I am become the disciple he needs and wants me to be.  I had first started this process with creating a vision.  I created I am statements that stated what I want to become.  Then based off of those I then wrote down seven things that are prohibiting me from being that person.  With those seven things that I wrote down I then figured out how I can apply the principles of the gospel to overcome those road blocks.  As I went through out this process the spirit was so strong and loving.  It helped me understand and know how I can the disciple that he wants me to be.  I invite you to do this to no longer look at how others can change but to see how you can change yourself to be able to love others.  It doesn't mean that you have to accept the other persons life style or anything like that.  The Savior loved everyone and that is because he applied gospel principle into his life and lived them.  I hope that everything is going well and that you are all having a great week.  I look forward to hearing from you next week.  Know that I love you and that I pray for you all everyday.  You mean the world to me and I love you.  Have a great week.  In closing I would like to share with you my testimony.  I know that this church is the true church of Jesus Christ.  I know that Jesus Christ is the head of this church and that we have a modern day prophet by the name of Thomas S. Monson.  Because we have a prophet we have access to knowing how we can become like our Savior Jesus Christ and know how we can come closer to our Savior.  I know that if we listen to the prophets voice and apply his teachings that we can come closer to Him and can become changed though his grace and atonement.  I know this to be true and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  I love you and hope that you have a great week.  With Lots of love and hugs and kisses from Virginia. 

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment