Monday, April 21, 2014

"Because of Him"

Sorry about having my P-day backwards we were going to teach some people in the morning but those lessons fell through so then we decided to just go shopping.  I promise that I will write you but I can't promise that it will always be at the same time.  Elder Unga loves his water bottle.  Thank you so much for sending that out, also thank you so much for sending the package out.  I loved it especially the card it was the greatest thing to read.  Thank you so much for all that you do for me you are the best mom a missionary and a boy could ask for.  My Easter was great we had a lot of people show up to church and we had a great lesson in a members home with Hector Orsorio who is on date for May 10.  It was such a great blessing to be able to reflect on the Saviors resurrection.  Thank you for sending the video out but don't let it stop there share it all through out your weeks.  It is such a powerful message and it is so great to be able to be able to share the greatest moment in history with those we love.  When is Andy having missionaries come over and teach her?  Missionary work must be a part of our life at all times it is our duty to spread the gospel to all ends of the earth.  I know that if we will spread the gospel it will change not only the lives of those we share it with but also our life forever.  It sounds like you all have been working very hard to try and get everything done on this house.  Remember to take a break at some point and don't kill yourself!  The only reason I wasn't wearing my contacts was because I didn't have solution.  I kept forgetting to buy some.  Which by the way I am all out of my MSF (Missionary Survival Fund) So next week I am going to have to buy groceries on my home card...  I know this won't happen again I'm usually really good at not doing this but this month was crazy.  Sorry about that.
This week was another great week here in Harrisonburg.  The video, "Because of Him," was such a great tool that Elder Unga and I were able to use in our ear. A couple of weeks ago Elder Unga and I went to Subway and as we were about to go and get our food a guy asked if he could go before us. We said, "Yes." He then told us to get what we wanted he was going to buy us lunch we were shocked. After we got our food we sat down with him and began to talk to him about the church. He is Catholic and had had many friends that were mormon. We talked to him about family history and he was very interested. Then he invited us over to dinner this week. We went there and had dinner they were very nice and wanted to know all about the church. At the end dinner we asked if we could just show a short clip. We showed them the "Because of Him" clip and they loved it. When we got done with the dinner the guy that had asked us to dinner was so happy and thankful for us. As we walked out he gave us a hug and said I will see you soon at that family history center. It was such a great miracle. The best part was as we were sharing the spiritual thought I can do not remember saying anything that I had thought of before. The spirit was so strong in that lesson and they were so many amazing things occurring beyond the veil. Another great miracle that happened this week was when Elder Unga and I were tracting this week. It was Saturday and it was a hot day. As we knocked on this door it felt different. It didn't feel like another door. We knocked and a lady came out that was so sweet. As we talked to her she said that just before we had knocked on her door she had been praying to know her purpose and why she was here. We taught her the restoration and then invited her to church. She came to church the very next day excited and happy to be there. It was such a great miracle.  It has been another great week.  We also had a really cool opportunity where we got to go to a mosk.  It was an interesting experience to say the least.  The Muslim religion is very close to ours.  There have been so many great miracles.  I love my mission it is going so great.  I love every minute out here.  I know that this church is true and I know that my Savior lives.  I know that this work is done by the spirit and by no other thing or person.  The spirit is such an amazing tool that our Heavenly Father gives to us in our lives.  Are we using it to it's full potential?  Are we creating a life separate from the world so that we can feel the sweet promptings of the spirit rather than the loud noises of the world that tell us we are not good enough.  The Spirit is amazing I love it so much.  I invite you all to really ponder how you can separate your life from the world and consecrate you life to our Heavenly Father.  I love you all so much and especially you Mom and Dad you are so sweet and helpful.  I know that the family is central to our heavenly fathers plan.  I love my Savior and say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  With all my love and thanks from Virginia.

Elder Adams 

No comments:

Post a Comment