Monday, April 7, 2014

General Conference

Heyo!!!!
By the way as part of the new missionary dress standards, we arn't suppose to wear back packs.  Is it ok that I go and buy a side bag?  I will try to find the cheapest one.
no 4:30  my time.  that should be more than enough thank you:)
Yes mam.  On until about 4:30
Yes I did thank you.  How are you doing? Spring break eh?





It sounds like you all had an amazing week.  I am so happy for Arista and Devin.  That makes me so excited!!!  It is the greatest to see people go to the temple.  Man I can't wait for our entire family to go through the temple together that will be the greatest day ever!!  You will have to send me pictures of the Wednesday festivities. That sounds like a lot of fun going camping in the snow and rain.  Isn't it suppose to be spring by now?  O wait sorry my bad it's Utah.  Virginia is starting to come alive.  The trees are starting to bloom and all the birds are coming out in the mornings.  Elder Unga and I can start to go running in the mornings.  We go run sprints up this hill that is next to out apartment.  I did get your package this week thank you so much.  The butter was well used on a box of mac and cheese.  Amazing that is for sure.  I do not e-mail in a library.  Our church building has a family history center where we can e-mail so that is a huge blessing.  Tell Arista that I say hello.  She is amazing.  Tell her that she is doing such an amazing job and to always attend the temple.  It sounds like you had a lot of fun at the pie.  That pizza looks amazing Elder Unga and I were like dang that looks way good!  Just some fun news that's in my world.  We are having a quorum of the twelve and general authority visit on May 3.  I am so excited it's going to be sweet!!!  Please don't be worried about me.  I am doing great!! Mission life is the greatest!! You always have the lord watching out for you.  You never have to fear and you are always happy as long as you are obedient and follow the promptings of the spirit.  It's really a simple thing but it is so amazing.  
This week was such a great week of miracles.  There are just two of them that I would like to share really quick. One of them is a continuation of the last weeks e-mail. We went to the bible study last Sunday and it went great! We got a couples name address and phone number. Last night we were about ready to go home and a prompting came to me to go visit them. Elder Unga was driving and so I told him we needed to go and visit them. We knocked on there door and they answered and were so happy to see us. They invited us in but we didn't have much time so we just set up a return appointment. They were so kind and insisted that we come to eat before we teach them. Then here comes the best part. The wife said, "Is there anything that we should read or do before you come on Thursday?" We gave her a Restoration pamphlet then she said, "Do you want us to read anything in the Book of Mormon?" We had never given her a Book of Mormon yet. She actually had a friend in college that had introduced her to the Church before and had given her a Book of Mormon it is crazy how people are prepared. Another great miracle happened right in the middle of Conference sessions. We had an appointment with one gentleman but that fell through. We decided that we would just knock some doors in that apartment complex. It was amazing we knocked on a few doors with no answer and then James answered. He has just barely moved from Africa and is Catholic. We instantly just started testifying at the door and he let us in. After we got done teaching him we asked him what he felt. He said, "I know that this is truth."  That experience was so amazing I know that this church is true.
I loved Conference this week.  Holly cow can you say the Second Coming is coming.  I'm not calling anything but there was that theme in a lot of the talks.  Crazy!!!  Another thing that really stood out to me in Conference was all the talks on Courage and standing up for what you know is right.  This I know is something that we can all work on.  Whether it is being a missionary and standing for what you know is the truth on a door step, or if it's at work when some one says something that is inappropriate standing up and saying please don't say that.  It is always the hardest thing to do but I know that when we stand for what is right we never stand alone.  We may have friends help us and stand with us but if not I know that we will have our Savior and his legions of angels baring us up on our right and on our left.  There is an unspeakable power behind those that choose the right.  I have been able to feel this on my mission.  Please stand for what you know is right even when it's hard.  This is the truth this is the only thing that will get us back to our Heavenly Father.  If you need a second witness.  Listen to Elder Hollands talk again and tell me this is not true.  I know that this church is true with all my heart and I know that my Savior lives and that he loves all of us.  I know that each and everyone of us is a loved son and daughter of our Heavenly Father.  I know that the Restoration of the gospel did take place through a boy at the age of fourteen in a grove of trees.  I know these things to be absolute truths that will never change.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  I love you all and hope that you have a great week.  You are all amazing you are in my prayers.  I love you mom and hope that everything is going great! Always smile.  With all love, hugs and kisses from Virginia.

Elder Adams

BYU.  I'm sorry I love you.
We are leaving have a great week love you bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment