Monday, April 28, 2014

Hey

Dear Family,
This week was a great week in Harrisonburg we have been blessed with so many great miracles.  I thank you so much for all that you have done for me and supporting me out here on a mission.  You are truly the greatest.  Thank you so much for all that you do for me on a daily bases.  I could not do the things that I have done out here on my mission and my life if it weren't for you in my life. This week we were able to set a lady on date her name is Marie Madden. We had tracted into her last week at just the right moment. She had been praying to know what her purpose was in life and why she was here on earth. As we taught her this week you can really see the spirit work in her life. She told us of when she tried to come to church last week she woke up and was not feeling good at all. She kept going though and said if the Lord wants me to be there I will get there. As she kept going her pain increased but she kept pushing. She told us that as soon as she got to church and walked in the building she was just fine. The pain was gone and she was so happy to be there. It is so great to be able to see her slowly changing. The hand of the Lord is definitely here in Harrisonburg and all through out this work. It has been such a great blessing to work as hard as you can day in and day out and see how loving and kind the Lord is to you. A hard thing that we have had to deal with this week is a lot of anti-mormon information. It has been really hard and challenging, but there is one moment that I want to share with you. We were in a lesson with this family and they were constantly bashing the church. I couldn't take it anymore. The spirit was not in the room. It was completely gone and there was no light only darkness. I didn't like this feeling at all. I simply stated what I believed in that I knew that Jesus Christ lives and that I believe in my Savior 100% and I know that this church has been established by Jesus Christ and God. The spirit was so strong I will forever remember that moment.  The power of the spirit is amazing.  It is one of the things in the gospel that I don't think we understand.  We should always strive to be under the constant influence of the spirit.  There is talk that I want to invite you all to read it's called, "Unleashing the Dormant Spirit"-by Elder Bushe.  This is such a powerful talk and helps us to know what it is we can do to be under the constant influence of the Spirit.  This work is so amazing I love it so much. I love my mission. I know that my Redeemer lives and that he loves each and everyone of us. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it was translated by the power of God. I love my Savior and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  I love you so much and thank you so much for all that you have done for me.  Have a great week.  If there is anything that I can do for you let me know.  With all my love and hugs and kisses from Virginia.

Elder Adams

That's weird...  Tell them I love them.
I'm doing great how are you?
Go to the temple.  Read the Scriptures.  Find a hobby:)
SAWEET!!!!!!  You are awesome.  Can I help you with anything?
I am not sure what ever I can do to help.  I'm not sure probably.  If you just set one up then I can probably do it.
Hey I got to get going.  I love you mom have a great week.  We will talk to you next week.  I love you so much!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment