Monday, July 14, 2014

Covenants

OK  I have about 14 min left on the computer.


This week was a great week.  We were able to see so many blessings and miracles this week.  Elder Fuhriman and I just keep being blessed by the Lord every day.  It is such a blessing to be in the service of out Savior Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father.  It is such a blessing to be able to do the things that he would have us do.  This week we were able to help Lydia come to church.  Lydia is an amazing lady.  Lydia is Lamont Robinsons wife, the guy that was just baptized.  She has been having lessons with Lamont and has been reading the scriptures like crazy.  She just has had a really hard time getting to church.  She has heart disease which makes everyday a toss up whether she will be healthy or not.  On top of that she also doesn't like leaving her house.  She feels very uncomfortable any where she goes.  Elder Fuhriman and I set a goal to get her to church this Sunday.  All the lessons that we taught her this week were focused on what she needs to do to further her progression.  We prayed that she would come and then..... she came.  It was the best to be able to see her ready for church.  She loved it to.  The spirit was so strong in sacrament meeting and she now has her eyes set on August 2 to be baptized.  Hopefully Lamont will receive the priesthood so that he could baptize his wife and his kid that we will start teaching this week.  This gospel is so amazing to able to see families accept the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I love this work so much.  It is amazing!!! 
This week something that has really stood out to me are covenants.  There is an amazing talk that was given in this general conference.  It's the first one in the womans general meeting.  I invite you to read it and see what you learn about your covenants.  I know that this church is true and I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives and that he loves each and everyone of us.  I know that covenants are an essential part of the gospel of Jesus Christ and it is the only way to receive all happiness.  I know all these things to be true and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
I have to get heading sorry I only have an hour today.  Have a great week.  I love you with all my heart and hope that you have a great week.  If there is anything that I can do for you please let me know so that I can help.  I love you and hope you have a great week.  With all my love from Virginia.

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment