Monday, July 21, 2014

WHAT A WEEK!

This week was awesome.  We had a lot of blessings from the Lord this week and a lot of amazing things occur.  Before I get into the good stuff though I will start with the bad news.  Last Monday I was driving the car and I got pulled over by a cop.... I'm not sure how bad the ticket is going to be but it will most likely be pretty bad... I was going 40 in a 25.  I'm sorry.  I need you to put some money into my card account from my back account please.  This ticket has to be payed by the 5 of Aug.  Thank you so much.  I'm sorry that this occurred....  Anyway how was your week?  How is everything going.  It sounds like you all had a lot of fun.  You went to the beach what seems like twice in a month which is exciting.  Dad sent me some pictures they look awesome.  Some shirts would be great if you could send some of those out.  I've tried to get mine to last as long as possible but they're able to stand on their own now so that is fun.  Transfers are coming up pretty quick so that's exciting I will tell you next week if I got transferred or not.  I really don't want to leave Harrisonburg it is such an amazing town I love it so much.  The people here are great.  We have been so blessed in this area and have been able to see so many of Gods children enter into the waters of baptism.  Almost all of them have been African American so we have about quadrupled the African American population in the ward.
This week was great we were able to see so many blessings especially yesterday.  An update on Banita.  She hoping to be able to go to the temple here soon with her one daughter.  Her other daughter is hesitant to be baptized.  We are really trying to work with her and help her to be baptized with the rest of the family.  Lamont is doing amazing.  He should be receiving the Priesthood this next week and then he should be able to baptize his wife on August 2 which will be awesome!  It is so amazing to be able to see all these children of our Heavenly Father enter into a covenant with Him and to receive this happiness.  I know that the Lord is behind this work and that he is always watching over us.  It is so amazing to be able to see all the people that our Heavenly Father has prepared.  Yesterday Elder Fuhriman and I were getting ready to go to church and we had a little bit of time to tract so we prayed that we would be able to find a family to teach.  We then went out and started tracting.  We didn't talk to anyone to promising except for the last door.  Elder Fuhriman was prompted to go to a door and so we went.  We knocked on the door and a young mother came to the door.  She was very busy trying to get her little boy to take a nap.  She said that we could come by later that night. So we did and we began teaching her.  We started talking to her about families.  She said that a family together for ever is ideal and that she wants that so bad.  We then talked about how her family could be together forever and she wanted that so badly.  It was amazing.  We invited her to be baptized of course and she accepted!  We are so excited to help her progress in the gospel and find this truth.  This has been such a blessing to be able to see this miracle.  We then had an amazing experience at church.  We had been trying to get the older lady to church for almost an entire transfer now and nothing was working.  So we finally asked her if she would come to sacrament.  She agreed and so we got her to come, but the best part is that our other investigator is her grandson and he came to randomly... Can you say miracle!!! This work is so amazing it is the best thing in the world.  I love this work.  And a cherry on top.  I'm not sure if you remember the Beasley Family that was baptized in Piedmont but they went to the temple this week.  I will send you a pic.
This week I have really been focusing on how to become better and how we can do that from simply living the gospel of Jesus Christ.  As I have been on my mission we always teach in the first lesson that it is through the Gospel of Jesus Christ that we can receive all the happiness that our Heavenly Father wants us to receive.  As I studied this week I focused on the holy Ghost and what role he plays in finding happiness.  Something that I found very interesting is the holy ghost is our access to God.  Think about that as a baptized member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints you have the opportunity to be able to have constant access to God!  What a blessing.  As I have been on my mission it has been such a blessing to be able to feel the holy Ghost as much a possible and to be able to be guided by him.  It should be our goal as members to be able to be under the constant influence of the holy Ghost.  I know that these things are true and I know that my Redeemer lives and that he loves me.  I know that this church is true and I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  I know that the Holy Ghost is our access to God and that it is through the Holy Ghost that we can discover all truth I know these things to be true and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  I love you and hope that everything is ok.  I hope to hear from you next week.  With all my hugs and kisses and love from Virginia.

Elder Adams

I hope all is well.  I love you have a great week.  With all my hugs and kisses and love from Virginia.

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment