Monday, August 18, 2014

First Day of School

I'm on How are you?
Hey.  I'm doing great!!!!  Question my running shoes are getting really nasty would it be ok if I went and bought me some today?   As an early B-day present?
I don't really care.  If you would like to send me them you can that is totally fine.  Love you:)
For what?

This week was an amazing week in the YSA ward of Charlottesville.  It has been such a blessing to be able to build the kingdom of God.  So I don't know if I told you all about this but at the beginning of the year our mission President, President Wilson.  Made it a goal to double the baptism of the mission.  This is not just a crazy desire that he had this is in accordance with the talk that President Hinckley gave.  We have been working very hard to do this in the Virginia Richmond Mission.  It has been amazing to be able to be a leader and see all the amazing miracles that are occurring in the mission and to see the Lord building up his kingdom.  I know that this work is not about numbers but it's all about people.  Our Heavenly Father is mindful of his children and is constantly trying to help them and to strengthen them.  It is amazing to be able to see all of Gods children making covenants with him at such an alarming rate.  The year is only half way over and we have already hit the half way point as a mission and it's only getting faster and more quick paced.  This work is amazing to be a part of it I know that it is his will.  Another great thing that occurred this week was we were able to see Tawni Pugh be baptized into the YSA ward this weekend.  She was so prepared and ready to hear the gospel.  It was absolutely amazing to see the Lord work through her and see all the changes that she made.  She bore her testimony at the end of her baptism and it was the most powerful amazing thing in the world.  She bore a pure testimony that she knew that the Book of Mormon was true.  There  is nothing better than to see a recent convert with such a strong testimony.  A miracle that happened this week was: We were teaching this guy that had been taught by missionaries for the last nine months. We sat down and began teaching him and everything was beginning to click, it just made sense to him. His friends then came and they wanted to learn as well so they joined our lesson. At the end of it we invited the original guy to be baptized. He accepted and excepted the date september 7. Then the best thing occurred. His friend raised his hand as asked, "Can I come to that and be baptized?" It was amazing! Of course we said yes!! Then the other friend said, "Eh, I've already been baptized." They both jumped in and said, "Man you can be baptized again!" He accepted and they are going to be baptized on September 7. It was such an amazing miracle.
One thing that I received revelation on.  I was reading a talk by Elder Boyd K. Packer, "The Instrument of your mind and the foundation of his character"  This is amazing talk there are so many great things that come up in it.  One thing that really stuck out to me is that Elder Packer said, "Become a product of the Book of Mormon."  This was an interesting thought.  I have taken my own interpretation of that but I invite you to think about how you can become a product of the Book of Mormon.  I have seen within the couple of days that I have tried doing this that the Lord has taught me and shown me how to be a better me.  How to become a disciple of Jesus Christ.  I know that it is through the Book of Mormon that we can draw closer to God than by any other book.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it testifies simple of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I know with all my heart that these things are true and that I am doing the work of the Lord.  There is nothing better than this work.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.  I love you and hope that you have a great week.  With all my Love from Virginia.

Elder Adams

Well I got to get going I love you so much and hope that you have a great day.  Much love from Elder Adams from Virginia.  Have a great week!!!

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment