Monday, August 4, 2014

Charlottesville

How are you?  
Only ok!!! Is everything going alright?
Yes sorry...........   I know my budgetting has gone down the drain I will try much harder next time.
hahah don't give me that I'll just use it as an excuse.  Just kidding.  I promise I will try my hardest to use the least amount of money.
Charlottesville 

I'm in Charlottesville serving in the YSA ward here.  Yeah YSA work is a little different.  It's kind of nice though being able to sit in sacrament meeting and not have a baby cry.  It's almost haunting.  I didn't know what to do with myself yesterday.  I have a new companion as well.  His name is Elder Denning.  Him and I were able to be in the MTC together we were actually in the same district.  That's kind of fun right?  My new address is 3105 District Ave. Appt. 205 Charlottesville VA, 22901.  Thank you so much for sending me new shirts.  What you could also send is some more of my soccer work out shorts that are long enough that I can still wear my garments and also my other Lehi High soccer shirt.  My Tan one.  My work out clothes are getting a little nasty and I don't see the point in buying new when I have a boat load.
This week was awesome.  I was able to see the hand of the Lord strengthen me as I moved areas.  I really loved Harrisonburg and I am way excited to be able to be here in Charlottesville.  Lydia was able to get baptized this week.  That is awesome I wasn't able to attend the baptism but I'm sure that it was great.  We are teaching this YSA here that is golden.  Her name is Tawni and we were texting her this week.  Just checking up on her.  We asked her how her Book of Mormon reading is going and she said it was good.  We asked her if she knew that it was true.  She said of Course I know it's true I had a dream about it.  That's crazy.  Here's the best part, we then said well the next step is your baptism of Aug 17 and she said yes all I need to do is get over my fear of water but I know that my Heavenly Father will help me.  It was amazing to just be able to see how much faith she has even though she has only been meeting with the missionaries for a couple weeks now.
This week my studies have been focused on the basic and fundamentals of the gospel.  It been amazing to me to be able to read through 1 Nephi 13 and be able to see how important the plain and precious things of the gospel are.  That is the only reason why the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints needed to be restored is so that we can have these plain and precious things in our life.  The gospel often times can take on a daunting look almost scary to participate in but it doesn't have to be that way.  The gospel of Jesus Christ is simple it's beautiful and if we simple just work on the basics then we can find happiness in our life.  I simple know that the fundamentals is all we need .  Nothing more nothing less.  I love this work you don't have to be a genious to do it you just have to be humble and willing to learn from the Father.  I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives and that he loves each and everyone of us.  I know that he is constant preparing people for the gospel.  Mom I promise you that as you keep inviting Andi to partake of the gospel of Jesus Christ you will see success.  Her heart will be touched and you will see her enter into the waters of Baptism.  I know these things to be true and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  I love you sorry the e-mail is short didn't have a lot of time today.  I hope that you have a great week.  With all my love from Virginia.

Elder Adams

Yes.  Well I got to go.  I love you and hope that you have a great week.  Mwah love you so much!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment