Monday, August 11, 2014

Messenger Bag

Hey I'm on. How are you!!!
hahaha Yeah that's what happens when you have apple computers in you apartment complex:)

I think that's right Elder McConnell and I were together for about 2 transfers.  So what ever 3 months is.  That's the same with Elder Hill and Elder Fuhriman.  Thank you for sending the stuff.  I actually hasn't received it yet and am trying to find it.  The front office in our apartment complex said they had it but yeah... hopefully I will be able to find it.  I already have a messenger bag.  I went and bought one at Target almost a month ago now.  It's pretty nice I like it a lot.  That is crazy about what happened with Grandpas house.  You better just sell the thing before it gets to expensive that's for sure.  That spiritual directory just has one problem.  THERE'S NO BOOK OF MORMON VERSES!!!!  The Book of Mormon is the greatest book to answer all those needs.  It's crazy how many people just won't give the Book of Mormon a chance and see the amazing things that they can learn and gain from it.  I think it's just simply crazy.  I hope everything is going well with the Fam.  I got Dads picture of the family.  That is crazy how much everyone has changed can you say WEIRD!  Anyway that's really exciting that work is starting for you.  It seems like all you did this summer was work on the yard and go on vacation to California.
This week was a great week in the YSA ward.  We were able to be the Lords hands in preparing one of His children for baptism this coming week end.  Her name is Tawni Pugh.  She is amazing.  She hasn't been very religious all her life until some spanish missionaries knocked on her apartment door and then gave her to us to teach.  This week she told us about a dream that she had.  It was her and her Grandfather lying in a field of wild flowers and then he got up and handed her a book that was face down but she said that it looked a lot like the Book of Mormon.  In fact in looked exactly like the one that she had been reading out of.  It was amazing to see how the people on the other side of the veil are moving this work forward.  It reminds me of the Scripture that is in D&C 128:18 were it says, "For we without them cannot be made perfect; neither can they without us be made perfect."  We together, the living and the dead, will touch every sole with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I think that an interesting thought is what will the spirit world be like when we go there.  Yes we know that there will be spirit paradise and prison but what will paradise be like?  A thought that I believe is true is we will be the Lords missionaries.  We will go about doing the work of the Lord all day everyday.  What a better way to prepare for eternity than to do missionary work now.  I know that missionary work is the greatest joy that you can feel in this life.  There is nothing more precious than inviting others to come unto Christ and them accepting and being changed by the atonement of Christ.  I love this Gospel I know that it is true with all my heart.  Another great miracle that happened yesterday was we were at church and a guy came up to us and started to talk to us.  He's from Utah doing summer sells for Vivint out here in Virginia.  He is dating a non-member and needed to just get away and find piece in his life so what did he do.  He came to the church.  He came to the house of the Lord to be able to be comforted by the greatest comforter there is, the Holy Ghost.  I found this amazing we were then able to give him a blessing and the love that you feel as you give someone you don't even know is amazing.  I know that this church is true and I know that my Savior lives.  I know that the power of the Priesthood is real and that it truly does bring about miracles.  I know simply these things are true.  I love my Savior I can't describe the Joy that comes to you as a missionary.  It's not one that is superficial that the world wants you to have but it's a deep abiding joy that just can't be described.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
I hope that you have a great week and that you make sure that you have fun as you work.  Don't let it become a drag or what's the point in doing it?  I thank you so much for all you love, support and prayers for me.  I couldn't do the things that I have been blessed to do in the mission field if it weren't for your support and for the help of my Savior Jesus Christ.  I truly believe that my mission plaque scripture is inspired by God. (ALMA 26:12)  I love you and hope all is well.  MWAH with all my love from Virginia.

Elder Adams

I love you mom and hope you have a great week.  MWAH HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment