Monday, August 25, 2014

Shoes

I'm on
What up?  So would it be easier if I just went and bought some shoes so that you wouldn't have to pay shipping to our house and then out to here?
hmmm ok well.  I think just because it might be cheaper you can just send them out. but transfers are in two weeks so make sure they will get here before then.  You never know I might get moved....

This week was a great week.  I loved it so much!!!  We were able to see so many great blessings.  There is nothing better than being a missionary in the work of God.  I love it so much.  To let you know a little bit about the amazing miracles that you experience every day on a mission.  I will tell you about one that happened yesterday at church.  Yesterday we were at church and we just finished our ward council meeting.  We were walking out and going to put down our stuff so we could talk to ward members and confirm rides for our investigators when we hear this. "I don't know why I'm here.  I was driving going to do some errands in Charlottesville and the next thing I know I am in this Church parking lot."  Yeah okay... can you say blessing from God?  So my companion and I start talking to this guy.  Apparently he had been Hawaii for 4 years were he had gone and visited the temple and thought that was the most amazing thing in the world.  Just a little while ago he had hit rock bottom.  He wasn't sure what to do or where to go.  He felt alone and felt that he did really have a place in this world.  He moved back to Charlottesville to live with his family.  So we ended up getting him a Bible and a Book of Mormon so that he can follow along during church.  He absolutely loved church and loved learning about Jesus Christ.  We have an appointment with him tonight at 8.  It is going to be amazing.  I know that our Savior Jesus Christ lives and that he loves each and everyone of us.   I know that as we are obedient and trying to do our best that our Heavenly Father will open up the windows of Heaven and pour out blessings upon us.  I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives and that he loves each and everyone of us.  He loves all of Gods children.  Another very humbling thing that occurred this week was we have been visiting this less-active.  He served in the military for three years and then got married.  After three years of being married he got a divorce.  He now lives here in C'ville.  When ever the we go over to his home and teach him our Heavenly Fathers love is so strong.  Probably the strongest that I have ever felt in my life.  It is amazing to feel the love of our Heavenly Father for his Children.  I know that it's real it's there.  I can now say with absolute believe and knowledge that I know that God loves his Children.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true and I know that my Savior loves me.
This weeks study's have been great.  We had the opportunity to hear from a General Authority this week.  There were many things that I learned one of the things that I think is crazy is that I have been really trying to focus on how to learn the language of the Holy Ghost and then you go and say, "Be really safe.  Check and recheck.  Listen to any still small voice promptings.".....  I know that that's there for a reason and that the Lord it trying to teach me something.  The things that I have learned so far about the spirit is found first in 2 Nephi 32:3 & 2 Nephi 31:3.  The main thing is that the spirit speaks the words of Christ.  We must know the words of Christ no matter what.  We need to feast upon those things like it is life or death.  The next thing is that the spirit will only bring light to our understanding, meaning that you can not receive a spiritual witness until you have done all you can to learn about that subject or action that you are planning to make.  This is not a sit back and relax gospel this is a go and do gospel.  I love the mormon message, "Patterns of light"  It helps us understand that we must act we must work if we want more light.  I know that these things are true and I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives and that he loves each and everyone of us.  I love you and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
By the way that is way awesome that you were able to go to that concert.  I may be a little jealous but missionary work is much better..... just saying.  hahaha School started here at UVA.  It's crazy to teach College kids.  They are super smart and know a lot of the Bible.  It will be great though.  The UVA campus is sweet it's so old looking.  Well I hope that you have a great week and that everything goes well.  Know that I love you with all my heart.  Thank you for all that you do for me.  With all my love to you from Virginia.

Elder Adams


9 1/2 I think... I haven't grown any.  And Garments are pretty good.   Wax strips I left in my first area so I haven't had them for the past seven months of my mission.
hahahah No I just shave it with my Razor.
HAHAHAHAH o come on it looks good!!!! By the way if you do send any garments.  Send me some mesh tops.  I'm not saying that I need garments i'm just saying that mesh is nice.
I have one top that a missionary had left behind in the apartment.  
It was brand new
Medium Tall top and yes medium bottom but don't get mesh bottoms you feel naked.  Stick with spandex bottoms.
I told you though I'm good on garments though.  I promise.
No anything work really.  As long as I can run in them they will work fine:)  Thank you I got to go.  Love you and thank you so much for all that you do.  Have a great week.  We will talk to you next week.  WIth all my love from Virginia.

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment