Monday, October 20, 2014

Meet the Mormons

Hello I'm on!!!!
Saweet!!!! how is your week going?
Ok awesome!!! and i'm sorry just take a breath.  I learned a lot about that this week.
Just we have been having a hard time with our Zone getting people on date to baptism and then getting people baptized.   We then had a meeting with high councilor over missionary work and I got really frustrated to see how much we have dropped the ball.  The High council men then said, "Look you can't worry if you worry things just don't work out."  I thought about that and it's so true when ever we worry we don't/can't have faith in Jesus Christ.  Worry is simply a form of fear.  Fear and Faith can't co-exist.  Just don't worry take a breath and everything will work out. 
hahaha just let it out mom.  It's really not worth it and it's not fun.  It makes life a whole lot harder then it needs to be.
I write in my Journal and at night I lay in my bed and breath in through my knows and out through my mouth until my body feels like it can just float away.  I know mom that that was hard for you to sell the house...  It's definitely something that I don't understand but He does.  Our Savior knows exactly what you are feeling.  Go to the temple that will bring a lot of release.
No of course not!!  Missionary work is just fun that's what it is.  Honestly most of the time I feel like I'm on a two year vacation helping others find Christ.  Yeah it's hard sometimes but it is so rewarding.

Thank you so much mom for doing those things for me.  You are the best mom in the whole world!!!  It sounds like you are having the best time of your life being able to sell the house and get everything ready.  You are going to be pro at this if you keep selling houses.  I mean you've done two on my mission why not go for a third!! Just kidding no one needs that kind of stress.  That is way awesome that you have the opportunity to talk.  There are some great talks on testimony by Elder David A. Bednar I want to say it's called, "Converted to the Lord".  Language I am not sure it's not something that I have really studied every...  Meet the Mormons is a way good movie.  We were able to see it about one week before it was released to the public.  The church wanted us to see it so we can know what it's all about.  That movie is doing wonders for the missionary work.  We haven't seen anything come of it yet but now Walmart wants to be able to sell it and Netflix is waiting to release it.  It's only open in about 300 theaters right now but then this week another 300 will be releasing and the best part the church is now trying to get ready to release it internationally.  It's way sweet.  I will be praying for you this week so that you can close on that house and be done!!!
This week was a great week and we have another great week ahead of us.  Khalil Reid will be being baptized this weekend.  He is such a special person to me.  He has gone through so much in his life and is still trying to find where he fits into this life.  He has asbergers and just has a really rough family situation.  I love this work to simply help others find Christ there is nothing better!  We have been so blessed in this work as we have gone forth with faith to build up the kingdom. We did a lot of finding this week because our investigator pool wasn't looking to good. As we went out and tried to talk to everyone and invited people to read the Book of Mormon there were so many people that accepted the challenge and wanted to learn more. I know that as I have been able to read the Book of Mormon and strengthen my testimony that it touches others hearts. We had a really awesome experience with a guy that is from Africa. He is going to UVA and is about to graduate we met him about two weeks ago but we only taught him this week. We taught him Monday night and he completely understood why there was a need for a prophet in this world. It all made complete sense to him. We invited him to be baptized but he didn't want anything to do with it. We then had a lesson with him this Saturday and we talked all about prophets, priesthood and covenants specifically baptism. As we taught this guy you could see the spirit working in him and it all made sense to him. At the end of the lesson he said, "So I need to make covenants and this is the only church that I can do that. What is your plan for me?" We simply invited him to be baptized on Nov. 9. He thought that was a little soon but he said that he would pray about it. He then said this, "There is something different about you two. The way that you talk and the light in you eyes." I know that that was nothing of our power but simply the light of Christ shinning through us. I love being an instrument in the hands of God it is such a blessing!!!
I simply know that this is the work of the Lord.  That I was called here to Virginia to build up the kingdom of God and that God prepared people here so that I could be his instrument to do his work.  This is his work.  I know that my Savior lives and that he has the power to forgive sin.  I love my Savior with all my heart and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.  Well I hope that you have a great week.  Thank you so much for all that you do for me.  With all my love from Virginia.

Elder Adams

I did not!!!  I'm here for another transfer!!!
Well I better get going.  I love you so much thank you so much for all that you do for me.  I hope that you have a great week.  Thank you and I love you with all my love from Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment