Monday, October 6, 2014

House Part Two

Hey, I'm on for the day!
Hey how are ya?
no I ment it like I'm here for right now ya know.
Holly snap!!! That is a lot of People.  well good thing you bought a bigger house;)
hahaha nice why not! So other than your crazy week how is everything going?

Holly cow it sounds like you have just had the week of your life... I am so sorry that is no fun:(  I'm not sure what to say about the whole Andy thing.  That is a tough situation that you are having to go through and you definitely in a hard spot.  My heart goes out to you mom I know how hard that must be and how much stress this stuff is causing you.  I am so sorry that you are going through this.  Just remember that often times we have to go through challenges and trials for a reason.  The right things are usually the hard things.  Just take a deep breath and go to the temple.  That is way awesome that Candace is getting her endowment that is way sweet.  General Conference was way awesome! There is nothing better than being able to listen to the prophets voice it was such a great experience.  There were so many great talks.  What was your favorite?  I think that my favorite would have to be all the talks that were on the Sacrament.  The sacrament is a very interesting topic to study.
This morning I had a great study.  It was on the spiritual significance of a prophet.  I have never realized how important the prophet is in our eternal Salvation.  I read a story about Wilford Woodruff “I will refer to certain meeting attended in the town of Kirtland in my early days. At that meeting some remarks were made that have been made here today, with regard to the living prophets and with regard to the written word of God. The same principle was presented, although not as extensively as it has been here, when leading man in the Church got up and talked upon the subject, and said: ‘You have got the word of God before you here in the Bible, Book of Mormon, and Doctrine andCovenants; you have the written word of God, and you who give revelations should give revelations according to those books, as what is written in those books is the word of God. We should confine ourselves to them.’
“When he concluded, Brother Joseph turned to Brother Brigham Youngand said, ‘Brother Brigham want you to go to the podium and tell usyour views with regard to the living oracles and the written word of God.’Brother Brigham took the stand, and he took the Bible, and laid it down;he took the Book of Mormon, and laid it down; and he took the Book ofDoctrine and Covenants, and laid it down before him, and he said: ‘Thereis the written word of God to us, concerning the work of God from thebeginning of the world, almost, to our day. And now,’ said he, ‘whencompared with the living oracles those books are nothing to me; thosebooks do not convey the word of God direct to us now, as do the words ofProphet or man bearing the Holy Priesthood in our day andgeneration. would rather have the living oracles than all the writing inthe books.’ That was the course he pursued. When he was through,Brother Joseph said to the congregation; ‘Brother Brigham has told youthe word of the Lord, and he has told you the truth.  That story changed my out look on a prophet.  This week we were able to see the baptism of Hailey Jensen it was amazing.  She was so ready to be baptized and has the strongest testimony that I have ever heard.  It was amazing to be able to hear her testimony.  Another great thing that happened this week was I was able to read the entire Book of Mormon is less than a week.  It was the greatest thing to read it that fast.  You really begin to see all the different themes and things that we must look out for in these last days.  I know that this church is true and I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives and that he loves each and everyone of us.  I know with all my heart that my Savior is with me everyday always helping me and strengthening me today.  I know with all my heart that he lives!  I know that President Thomas S. Monson is the prophet of God and that he leads and guides this church to day!  I know all these things to be true and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  I love you so much and thank you so much for all that you do for me.  I thank you for your prayers and all the strength that you give me.  There's one thing that I just wanted to ask you about.  Having been serving in a YSA ward on a college campus I get asked the question a lot of what I want to do when I go back pertaining to school.   Now I know that I shouldn't be worried about this but I just wanted to ask you.  What do you think I should do for my career or where do you think I should go to school?  I just want your input I know that parents can receive guidance for their children.  Will I hope that you have a great week and I love you remember to just take a breath.  With all my love from Virginia.
Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment