Monday, October 27, 2014

Happy Halloween

Hey I'm on.  I didn't get any e-mail from you.
Okay awesome! how was the week?
Yeah hahah why is that?
Why was your week good?
Hey did you contact UVU?
No you don't have to I was just checking.  Sorry I didn't mean to make you add more things to your todo list...
possibly soc10cer32 or 10soccer that should be it...  I think it was just half tuition.
I have no idea... Shawn??  Jack??
try 10soccer
Sweet thanks!
No I do not....
Is there any way that I can just give you power of Attorney over e-mail?
Yes I got it thank you!!!
Yes I did! that looks super sweet!  and that's good that you were able to not spend your whole life on the house.

That is so awesome that you were able to talk in church!  It sounds like everything went super well.  I'm impressed that you could understand Dad haha just kidding.  It sounds like you all are super busy and having a lot of things to do with the Christmas committee and all that fun stuff.  That is super fun though.  The mountains in that picture look crazy insane.  Haven't seen those things in a really long time.  The biggest thing that I've seen out here is a hill.  The hills are pretty though that is for sure.  All the leafs out here are changing color and it looks absolutely amazing!  It's getting a little bit colder out here to so that's always nice.  I love the cold weather out here.  The winter is so beautiful.  Apollo looks like he is getting huge!!!.
So this week has been a very interesting week.  There has been a lot of miracles and things like that but I would first like to start off with the things that I have been able to learn.  These last couple of weeks have been a little stressful trying to be a good example to the missionaries that I serve and trying to do all that I can acting in faith so that Heavenly Father will trust me to be able to do his work and help his children progress to the gospel.  As I sat there one night thinking about how I can help missionaries realize there potential and help them build there faith the thought came to me, "What are you doing?".  Now I could have just brushed that off and said, "Well I'm doing all I can so I'm good, what can I do to help others."  I let that thought sit there for a while and pondered it.  I thought about what am I doing?  Am I doing the bare minimum and why am I doing it?  What are my true desires?  Now that I think about this a little more I realize that our Heavenly Father whats us to have the eye of Faith.  He wants us to dream big and to shoot for the stars when we set goals or do anything in our life.  What is our desire though?  Are we doing it because we want recognition or because we want to simply put that on our pride self so that when we are feeling bad about ourself we can hand ourself a pick me up.  Desire are what shape us as God's children.  It all comes down to why.  We can study the how all day and not see a change in our life but until we understand the why and obtain the true reason why (the love of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father) that is when we become changed.  I love this gospel and I love how my Savior Jesus Christ teaches me and helps me understand more about his gospel.  I know that this church is true and that he lives and loves each and everyone of us.  I know with all my heart that the gospel does changes lives.  That  this is the work of God and truly the power of Godliness is manifest in the ordinances of the gospel.  I know all these things to be true and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
I love the area of Cville and love the people here. The work of the Lord is going forward and so many great people are ready to be baptized. We had some really great miracles that occurred this week. One of the greatest ones that happened was with a guy that one of our ward members brought to church. He had come last week but told us that he wasn't interested in listening to the gospel. He then came again this week and in gospel essentials class there was a lot of talk about Joseph Smith and about temple work. The ward member asked him if he would want to sit down with the missionaries after church and he agreed to it. This gentleman has never had really any religion in his life. He had a very basic understand of a higher power but nothing else. It was interesting to basically start from scratch. As we started to teach him he had a puzzled look on his face and didn't understand the things we were teaching. We then shared the story of Joseph Smith and how prayer works. When we told him that God is a being like us. His entire countenance changed and you could see that the spirit was then working within him. As we finished the lesson we asked him to pray and it was one of the most powerful prayers that I have every heard in my life. He is amazing. We invited him to be baptized but he wasn't sure quiet yet. I know though that the Lord is going to make this desire work in him and that he will come to a true knowledge and understanding of this gospel.
I love you so much and I thank you so much for all that you do for me.  I thank you so much for the support that I receive from you.  I am so sorry for making you do all these things... I promise I will stop I don't want you to have to do anything else.  You've already got enough on your plate.  I love you so much and hope that you have a great week.  With all my love from Virginia.

Elder Adams

ok awesome. Thank you mama!  You are the best in the whole world.  I better get going.  I love you and hope that you have a great week!!! Hope everything is still going great.  If there is anything that I can do for you just let me know!  I love you mwah from virginia with all my love.

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment