Monday, November 17, 2014

Pre-Thanksgiving

Hi I'm on!
no just on time for once:) How are you?
ok sounds good.  Hey I know that I spent a lot of money this week... Sorry but we wanted to go to monticello today.   It's thomas Jeffersons house.  it is going to cost $25 is that ok?
paypal was the driving school and Chesapeake foods? how much?
hmmm I'm not sure...
The Charge.  I'm still driving.
Yes I am driving.  And that thing is way to big to be in your bed.
When does it say it got charged?
It might be Chilies....  Not sure
yes sorry.  Well I got to go but know I love you see you later.  Have a great week.  If there is anything that I can do for you just let me know! Love!!!!

That is so fun!  That is some great advice from the stake high council men.  I really like that.  That is so funny that Brother Butler is the new bishop.  That guy is so funny probably the coolest guy there is. That is so much fun though.  It sound like everything is going really good out there.  How cold is it?  It's been pretty cold here.  Hasn't dropped below freezing though so that's always nice!  I should be good with the weather change though.  I have all my winter stuff from last year so as far as I know I'm good.  Arista is doing great it sounds like that is so awesome.  That is also way crazy about Josh.  That is insane though...
This week has been a great week.  The greatest thing that happened this week is that Scarlette Bradley, an investigator that we have been working with for like 2 months now.  Not because she didn't want to be baptized but because she wanted to wait for her mother to be able to see it.  She is getting baptized this week!!!  YA!  Sweet miracle nothing like receiving that text from her that says, "Could I get baptized this week?"  The best thing in the whole world!!!  We are really excited to see her be baptized.  Another really cool miracle that happened this week is that we have been teaching this guy that hadn't had any faith in Jesus Christ when we first met him.  We slowly were able to help him progress and be able to understand how he can improve his relationship with God and come to know Jesus Christ.  He is committed to be baptized on Nov. 30.  He is really working towards it we taught him the word of wisdom this week and he had no problem with it and was ready to try it out.  It is amazing how our Heavenly Father softens peoples hearts and prepares people to accept the gospel.  We are also teaching this other guy his name is Kwame he is from Ghana.  You can see how he is changing his life from his old life style to now a life style that follows Christ.  It is so amazing to see how people are effected by the Atonement of Jesus Christ every day and to see them come closer to him.  I know that this is the work of the Lord and that he is constantly watching over his children.  I love missionary work!!! These last couple of weeks have been very interesting and I have been able to learn more about how our Heavenly Fathers plan works. This is a simply doctrine but this is a doctrine that I feel is most important. It's that of spiritual creation and faith. Together these two doctrines help us follow Gods plan and fulfill his will hear on this earth. The thing that has always stuck out to me as I have been serving my mission is the amount of planning that must take place in order for a great spiritual moment to occur. I feel that constantly we are preparing working toward the next great spiritual moment and when it comes we simply learn it love it and take that spiritual truth and progress to the next spiritual truth. I love this gospel and how it works but none of these spiritual truths would be worth anything if we don't have faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is He who makes all things possible by his power and his word are all things fulfilled. I simply know that spiritual preparation, spiritual creation, is the most important thing that we must learn along with faith.  I hope that you all have a great week and that you continue to hasten the work of Salvation one step at a time.  It is a great blessing that the Lord has blessed us with to be able to so close to a temple in Utah.  It is our imperative duty to hasten the work of Salvation and bring all souls to Christ.  We MUST do all that we can to help others come unto Christ.  Find the way that you can do the work of the Lord and be fabulous.  I love my Savior with all my heart and I know that this is the Lords church here on this earth.  I know that is church was restored by a prophet of God, Joseph Smith and that the work that he did for us is far beyond any other humans work beside Jesus Christ.  I know that this is the Hastening of the work of Salvation this is the last time that our Lord will gather his people.  I know that he will bless us as we move forward and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.  I love you and have a great week.  With all my love from Virginia.

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment