Monday, January 12, 2015

Rain

I'm on

It sounds like you week was a lot of fun.  That is a really good question about the gospel and how to answer questions.  One of the biggest things is that you have got to make sure that you are studying everyday.  Even if it's not on the subject that you teaching.  As long as you are reading the scriptures and trying to learn something that's all that matters.  The thing is is that we could never study enough to be able to answer every question, but as we study continually we store away knowledge with out us even realizing it so that when some asks a question we then can have the spirit bring those answers to our minds.  You have to understand that God created our body and our mind is very powerful.  If we will stop letting our body get in the way and control us and let our mind (our spirit) control us that's when we can un-lock our potential as children of the most high God.  It's really cool.  You get to see it a lot on you mission.  Another thing that really struck me is you comment about Satan's plan.  The thing is is that if we were to follow Satan's plan.  We would never be free.  We would be forever damned.  Satan would rule over us with an iron fist and we would have no way of become free like God's plan is designed to help us do.  When we follow Christ we become free!
This week was such a great week to be able to see the hand of God again revealed in such a magnificent light. As we started out this week they brother that was going to be baptized was a little shaky. He wasn't sure if he should take this step. We decided that we were going to go forward this week like the baptism was set in stone. We got the investigator an interview with President Sackett and it went great. One of the greatest blessings was our ward mission leader, Paul Batista. We had him drive him to the interview. Right before we got out of the car. Paul began to talk to him about his life and his walk with the Lord. How sometimes you just feel that you aren't good enough but the Lord still loves you and as long as you are honest with him he will help you through all the challenges that you encounter. Our investigator was very touched. He went through the interview and came out and was good. He felt that he was really able to get a load off of his chest. We asked him there if he was ready for baptism of Saturday he said, "Let's take this one step at a time." We then went about setting everything up. Letting the ward know getting the programs ready and everything. It was Friday night and we show up to his house and talk with him for a little bit and then show him the program for his baptism. He pauses and then says, "I need to do it it will only help me." It was such an amazing spirit filled moment. Such a great opportunity to be able to see the spirit of the Lord touch someones life. I that this baptism occurred because of two reasons. The first one is definitely faith. It all came down to the faith of the investigator and the faith of Elder Hollow and I. The other reason is members. The members were the ones that were able to help him into the gospel and to really be able to help him see that he was accepted into the church and that he would be loved. I love this work so much and I love my Savior with all my heart. I know that this gospel is true and I know that we can receive so much knowledge and strength by the power of the Holy Ghost. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.  I love you so much and hope that you have a great week.  I thank you so much for all that you do and all that you have helped me with.  I love this gospel and the opportunity to be able to serve a mission.  It has been and will for ever be the greatest blessing of my life.  I love you so much.  Have a great week.  With all my love from Virginia.

Elder Adams

P.S-Does mr. MaC do refund on shoes my black ones have massive holes in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment