Monday, January 5, 2015

2015!

I'm on
How are you?

Well this week was another great week here in Quantico.  There were a lot of blessings and miracles that we were able to see.  It sounds like you had a great new years eve.  We spent it in a meeting tell about 4 and then we went to dinner down in Richmond at a place called Chicken Fiesta.  It's a little tex mex place that's so good.  It's a MLC tradition.  That is crazy about Arista and Devin's trip.  That would be a lot of fun.  Cozumel was a lot of fun riding around on scooters and all.  This week we were able to see so many amazing miracles.  One happened yesterday at church.  Yesterday at sacrament meeting we were sitting there and no one had come. It was just one of those days... As the sacrament was about to be passed the spirit brought to my mind a guy that we had talked to a couple weeks ago. I wondered where he was and thought that we should go try to contact him after church but then he just walks right into sacrament meeting. We were able to teach him and we set him on date for the 17th of January he's been to church a lot with his girl friend. It's awesome!
Another sweet thing that I was able to learn this week was taught in MLC.
There were a lot of things that really touched me and changed me for the rest of my life. There was a really amazing experience with the priesthood that I was able to have this week and many other things. One of the most profound things that really hit me this week though was in MLC. As president was talking about leadership he said, "You are not the calling, there will be a time that you will be released." I have never really looked at callings in that light. To many times in the word we hold the titles that we have held. People recognize us by our titles and then determine what type of person you are by the title you hold. The thought that in the gospel really callings are just a vehicle that God has placed here for us to learn greater eternal principles and the to have our lives for ever changed
The work is going great here.  There are always miracles around every single corner.  It is so amazing to be a missionary.  It's crazy how fast my mission has just flown by.  Now that I look back on what has happened it seems all but a moment.  I love my mission with all my heart.  It has taught me so much about myself and about my Savior Jesus Christ.  I love the gospel.  There is nothing better than being able to come to understand how God works and how we can use the Atonement in our life.  I know that my Savior lives and that he loves each and everyone of us.  I know with all my heart that he is my Savior and that he is there for me always.  I love this gospel and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.  I thank you so much for all that you do for me.  You are the best mother and family a boy could ask for.  I'm proud to say that I'm an Adams.  I love you so much have a great week.  With all my love from Virginia.

Elder Adams

Yes i'm on . No at the appartment and MLC=Mission Leadership Council
yes I did thank you!
say what????  It's just like people will judge a book by it's cover.  If I hold the title of CEO then people instantly think I'm smart and well off.  and then we feel that those titles define us and give us success but really it's not.
Well i got to go.  Love you!!!!  MWAH have a great week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment