Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Happy Presidents Day!

Hey I'm on.
Hey I'm back

This week was a great week.  It was so good to hear from you.  It sounds like you had a really great week.  I did get the Walmart and the Olive Garden gift card.  I have used the Walmart one so thank you so much for that!  Elder Holloway and I have yet to use the Olive Garden one.  Transfers won't be tell next week, we get calls this coming Saturday and then we will depart that Tuesday.  That was such a funny story about Brother Butler.  That man is my hero.  There are so many great things that you learn on you mission.  It is such a blessing to be on a mission.  You constantly have the opportunity to be an answer to peoples prayers even when they don't know it.  The greatest miracle that happened this week was with a lady and her daughter. We had met the daughter many times in the complex we work in. She was always willing to listen to us so just to be safe we would have her go get her mom but her mom would never listen, she wouldn't let her daughter listen either. One night Elder Holloway and I are in the neighborhood and we decide to go and knock on the door again. The mom answers the door but instead of slamming the door she says come back tomorrow at 4. We go back and teach her and she loves it. A couple days later we go back again for another appointment and she had read the chapter we had left and wanted to learn more. She is now progressing towards a baptismal date of March 7th. It is so amazing to be able to see how the Lord works miracles in peoples lives and we as missionaries get to be a part of it. I love my calling as a missionary it is the greatest thing to be able to wake up every morning and put the white shirt and the black name tag and go teach the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is all you truly need in this life and it is so essential to our eternal perfection. I know that these five simple principles if lived correctly will transform anyone's life. I know that we teach the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and I know that Joseph Smith was the prophet that God called to restore this Gospel. I know these things to be true and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.  My studies this week have been really great.  One of the greatest decisions of my life was to begin reading the bible from the beginning.  There is so many great and interesting things that you can learn about our Heavenly Fathers plan from the Old testament.  One of the greatest truths that I have learned this week is the importance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  When you think about it the five simple principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ were what the Lord needed to Restore in this dispensation along with the Priesthood.  Which one came first though?  It was the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  If we has Gods children do not have gospel of Jesus Christ it is impossible to even come close to becoming like our Heavenly Father.  The gospel of Jesus Christ is the most essential principle and ordinance that have been practiced all through out time.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ will bring the highest blessings of the heaven into our life. I invite you to gain a stronger testimony of these essential principles.  I love you so much and thank you so much for all that you have done for me.  I couldn't do the things I do with out a supportive family.  I love you so much and thank you so much.  Have a great week.

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment