Monday, March 23, 2015

Family

Hey I'm on!!!

Wow it sounds like you are going to have a very busy next couple of weeks.  It was great to hear from you though.  It sounds like you are killing it in shooting.  That's pretty sweet!!!  Watch out Walker Texas Ranger is going to need you as his side kick.  You will have to tell me how Zions goes that sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun with all the family.  I thank you so much for all ways saying that if I need anything to just let you know.  I really am doing great.  The mission is the greatest thing in all my life.  It brings so many blessings and growing experiences I love it so much.  I thank my Heavenly Father every night for the opportunity that I have to be able to serve him on a daily bases.  There is nothing greater than waking up on the daily putting on the white shirt and the black name tag and knowing that you are going to serve the Lord.  It is absolutely amazing.  I would invite everyone to go on a mission and make sure that that is a focus for everyone, young or old.The miracle of this week would have to be a guy that we contacted over text. I was going through my phone and texting all the people that I didn't know in my phone. It was quiet a bit of people. I got a response back from this guy that wanted to meet up with us. We ended up setting up an appointment and sitting down with him. As we taught him it was very apparent that he knew what the church was all about. We thought well lets see if he is ready for baptism. We asked him the interview questions and he ended up teaching us the Restoration. It was amazing. The only thing that he was going to have to work on was smoking, we knew though that he could make it. We set him for baptism this week and committed him to quit smoking. We taught him again two day after that. He said that he was still smoking but it had gone down a lot. We told him the story of the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's and he thought that was the coolest thing ever. He then took out his cigarette pack and burned it. He said I am done with it all. He came to church this Sunday and was still smoke free. I know with all my heart that Jesus Christ helped him over come this. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings a power that is un-explainable into our lives to be able to shape and mold our selves into something that the Lord needs us to be. I know that my Redeemer lives and that he loves each and everyone of us. I know with all my heart that this gospel has been restored by the Prophet Joseph Smith and that this is the truth, there is no doubt in my mind. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.  Your last lines of your e-mail this week are very interesting.  I think that as we grow and take on new things in our life that yes it may seem lonely but think of all the new blessings that you will be able to have in this new chapter of your life.  One thing that I know is that as we look forward to eternity we will always have to leave things behind some things may mean a lot to us and they may be hard to give up others may be things that we have been dying to get ride of but have not found the time nor the means to do so, but we must remember that it's not the ending of anything.  It truly is the beginning to something greater to coming closer to our Savior Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father.  Always look to the light and I know that there will be joy found there.  I know that my Savior lives and that he loves us.  I know that this is the truth.  I love my Savior and I leave you with that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.  I love you and hope that you have a great week.  With all my love from Virginia.

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment