Monday, April 20, 2015

Hi!

I'm on now!
yes
Very grand!  how about you?
hahahaha ok well that is great.  Today we are probably going to go to a driving range and hit some balls.
hahahaha so I decided to extend.  I will be extending a month after my original date which is Aug. 3.
hahaha Mom tell me what's on your mind.
hmmm interesting... lovely drama.  How can I help you mom?  You seem super stressed these past couple of e-mails.
because I can.  So how can I help?
Mom I love you you are great!  Just keep your head up.  This is the load that you need it's only going to make you stronger.  Keep pushing and the Lord will truly look out for you.  I know that to be true because it's happened to me multiple times on my mission.  I love you so much you are the greatest mom in the whole world!  I have to go though I love you and will pray for you with all my Love!

Elder Adams

Well that sounds exciting with all that stuff going on.  I hope that everything is going well at the doctors today.  It seems like you and Dad are constantly at the doctors now a days.  I hope that everything is going ok.  Well last week I took your advice and I can not think of anything better than being able to serve a mission.  It really is the greatest thing that I have ever done.  I was able to talk to my mission President about extending and he said that that would be just fine.  I will now be departing the Virginia Richmond mission a month after my original date.  The date is now August the 3.  That's right tack on another month!!!!  I am so excited and feel so blessed to be able to serve the Lord even more.  This has been such a blessing and I can't wait to be able to serve him.  Thank you for supporting me and letting me do this.  It's crazy I don't know if Devin told you but he will be coming to Richmond for law school.  It is way sweet.  He is going to love the campus here.  It's way beautiful.  I actually have not been able to go and serve on it because it's a closed campus.

This week was a great week!  Elder Olsen and I were able to do a lot of finding and going and helping other missionaries in there areas.  It was awesome to be able to go and help people no matter if there member or non-member.  I have had some really good studies and thought process about the gospel lately and so this week I would like you share with you one of them.  It's about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how we NEED a testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ.  There is a quote by Joseph Smith that says, "It is in vain for any man to minister with out the spirit of revelation."  As I was thinking about this quote I thought of a scripture found in the Bible.  It's in John 17:3 It says, "For this is life eternal to know thee thee only true and living God."  As I thought about these two scriptures the thought came to me of understanding the importance of having a testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ.  Think about the book that sets us apart from all other church's.  The Book of Mormon is another TESTAMENT of Jesus Christ.  Our modern day apostles and prophet are called to be special witnesses of the Savior Jesus Christ.  We must have a testimony of the Savior so that we know what our vision is what/who we need to become.  It was this testimony of the Savior that made Peter the man that he was.  We must know and understand who He is and what He did.  I know that my Savior lives and that he loves each and everyone of us.  I know that this church is true and I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives.  I love my Savior with all my heart.  I invite you to seek out a stronger testimony of the Savior.  Read the Book of Mormon and seek to know who our Savior Jesus Christ is.  I love him and say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.  I love you and hope you have a great week.  With all my love from Virginia.

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment