Thursday, July 4, 2013

My Mission

My Mission       

As I stared out the window the tears still in my eyes.
I saw the vision of those I loved
As we had just said our last good-byes.

The ride was long and trying,
As the questions plagued my mind
Do I want the life that’s up ahead?
Or the one I left behind?

Two years is such a long, long time,
For going door to door.
In my reflection I thought to myself
There really must be more.

I dragged myself down off the plane
And stared smiling at the beach,
When a man turned me the other way,
Saying, Elder go find and teach.

I sit reflecting once again
As this day is my last,
Please Lord, this isn’t fair
The time goes way to fast.

And I stare out the window
The tears still in my eyes.
I see the Elders and friends I love
As we have just said our last goodbyes

The ride is long and trying
As two questions plaque my mind.
Do I want the life that’s up ahead?
Or the one I left behind?

No comments:

Post a Comment