Monday, September 9, 2013

Happy Birthday!

Thank you for writing me this week.  It's completely fine that you say the things you do.  It makes me feel like I'm still part of your life.  I know that life isn't sugar coated all the time so if you are 100% positive I know that you are lying and that your full of it.  This week was a pretty great week in the mission field.  Me and my companion got straight to work doing all we could to fulfill the goals that we set for the week.  We work hard all day everyday making sure that we did all we could to further the work in this area and we saw blessings all through out the week.  We were able to receive two referrals.  Now this doesn't seem like a very big thing to most people but it is.  These past six weeks that I have been in this area we haven't received any! Any way these referrals were great because we were able to contact both of them and both of them were interested in hearing the gospel.  If that is not a tender mercy then I don't know what is.  Another great thing that happened this week was we were able to bless the lives of the less actives in this ward.  There is a family named the Plucinicks.  They haven't been to active and the father has been excommunicated.  We got the okay from the bishop to begin teaching him.  We have seen so many improvements in there lifes.  Sarah and Steven, the children,  are getting meetings with the bishop and starting back to activity and Steven wants to serve a mission!!!! Lisa is beginning to re-build her testimony of the gospel and Kevin is really trying to over come some personal trials so that he can be re-baptized.  It's great to see the work moving along.  This week as I was working with the less-actives I had a very profound thought.  It doesn't matter if I baptize out here on my mission.  As long as I am inviting others to come unto Christ I am fulfilling my purpose.  A reactivation is just as good as a baptism.  It's great.  Crazy thing me and my companion taught a homeless guy named Chris that lives in the woods.  He says he's seen us everywhere... Scary but he was pretty cool.  This week was great though I love serving the Lord everyday.  Our Mission President for September is doing this thing called Sacrifice September.  I encourage you all back home to do this.  It's a great way to show our love to our Heavenly Father if we Sacrifice all the things of the world for our Heavenly Father.  Just as it teaches in Matthew 16:24-27.  Deny yourself of ALL un-godliness.  I know that we will all be blessed as we sacrifice our worldly lusts for the things that are of eternal worth such as family or scripture study.  By the way how is that going? How is reading the Book of Mormon you have to be almost through it now right?  I know that this church is true I know that my Redeemer lives and that he loves me and walks by me each and everyday out here.  This work is true and the will of the Lord is being carried out through the entire world.  I Love you all I really do.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  I'm going to try to send more pictures each week so that you can see all the fun I'm having. haha fun that's what this is it's not work or a burden it really is fun.  O on a sad note our investigator Shakitha that was suppose to be baptized on September 21 dropped us.  It's ok though we are going to find so many people to teach that it won't matter the Lord has a plan for her and everything will work out.  It's pretty crazy thinking I'm turning 19 on my mission.  Never thought that would happen but it's here.  I'll tell you all about my birthday next week.  Love you all.  Kisses and Huges from Virginia.  Love you all.  Don't let contention get between you and Dad make sure that you are united.  Satan is the Father of contention, Love your companion always even when things arn't going right.  Mwah

Elder Adams 

yes mam,  OOOPS sorry i forgot to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY this week too!!! what are you like 50?
OOOOOO man that is a rough one hahaha just kidding

That's pretty cool.  Now that you a grave doesn't mean that you can just start getting old.  Thanks mom for that compliment that you gave me at the end of your E-mail it really means a lot I love you. BEST MOM EVER!!!!
Well I got to go see you next week love you all Mwah!





No comments:

Post a Comment