Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Happy Labor Day!

Well I have officially made it through the first transfer of my mission.  And I am now in.... drum roll please... Colonial Heights Virginia.  The same place that I was before!!!  I am super excited for that.  Even though the area is hard it gives me a challenge each and every day.  I did get a new companion.  His name is Elder Hansen.  He played football for Snow College right before he left on his mission and hopes to be able to play when he gets back for Utah State.  He plays line backer.  He is a great guy and super humble I can't wait to get to work with him in this area.  We are going to have a baptism here on September 21.  I am really excited for that.  Her name is Shakitha Cowert.  She is a single mother with two kids.  The two kids have been out of town for the summer in Mississippi so I am not sure if they will be baptized with mom but for sure shortly after her.  O yeah I forgot to tell you like 4 weeks ago I wrecked on my bike.  It was pretty sweet.  I didn't get hurt at all.  Just thought I would let you know one down many to go;)  I have a new favorite fruit that I found out here.  It's called a fig yes a fig.  They are way good.  There is an older couple that has a fig tree and they are getting ripe right now so they gave us a bag and I try to eat at least one a day.  All my house mates make fun of me and think they are super nasty but I like them a lot.  Virginia has been super hot this week.  We sweet like pigs out here.  Hopefully this week will be a little bit better.  Last week you asked me what I wanted for my birthday.  I was thinking about it and I want a new pair of scriptures.  I can't remember who said it but an apostle said anytime that you make a big change in your life you should get a new set of scriptures.  I think a mission is a pretty big change...  That's all I really want though there's not a lot of stuff a missionary needs.  I don't have a lot to talk about this week because last week we had a bunch of meeting that took up most of the week.  Hopefully this week will be better and I will have some sweet stories to tell you guys.  That's pretty awesome how you are moving you will have to send me pictures of what the house looks like as it is being built.  I hope all is going well at home and every one is doing ok.  As I thought about a message that I could share with you guys this week I thought of the thing that I learned these past couple of weeks.  The lesson that I have learned probably the most is to slow down.  Now this may seem simple but it is such a blessing.  I am trying to slow down and look of my Savior in all things and it is a blessing.  You see so many great things that you would not see if you were going 90 miles an hour frantically trying to do everything and be everywhere.  Take some time out of your busy life and look for the Savior in all things.  This church is true.  The book of Mormon and the spirit have a converting power un-like anything ever known.  It is so great I love it so much.  I love my Savior and love to serve him everyday.  It is such a blessing.  I love you all back home. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
 XXOOooxXXXooxoXOOXOXoxoxox 

P.S Virginia beat BYU HAYO!

Well ya see I was having a really hard time trying to get along with my companion (mostly my fault).  I was able to learn how to really rely on my Savior.  One night last week I was able to kneel down and pray to my Heavenly Father with probably the most sincerity that I have every had.  It was so great.  

No and it's the new 2013 one.  Preferably the ones that have the book of mormon and bible separate from each other.  thanks









No comments:

Post a Comment