Monday, September 30, 2013

New Addition to the Family

Dang that sounds like a pretty crazy week.  You will have to send me a picture of the dog.  That's way awesome though.  The house looks like it's going to be really small.  We were able to listen to a little bit of the Relief Society broadcast.  That was Saturday night and Saturday the 28 Virginia has a day of service.  So we decided to go and help out the Elders quorum in serving dinner to the Relief Society.  We didn't get to serve but we ended up washing a ton of dishes.  It was great.  We heard half of one talk and then we had to go home because it was getting late.  Conference is going to be weird out here Priesthood doesn't get over tell 10.  Crazy with the time difference but I am so excited this is going to be the best conference ever!!!  Good luck on cooking for 50 people.  You will have to tell me all that you make and tell me how it turns out.  Yes I got the card that you sent thank you and tell Cali Grandma thank you.
Last night a member had us over and we had a Country low broil.  This is amazing I will send you pictures.  It had Alaskan king Crab and Snow Crab, Shrimp, Sausage, Corn, Potatoes, and Scallops.  It was so good!
This week was a pretty weird week.  Sense my companion went home last week I was paired up with the zone leaders.  We covered both of our areas so we were running all over the place.  We had a really cool experience teaching a guy named Tim.  His baptism is set for this Saturday right before conference.  Anyway we were going about our week and we got a text from Tim that said we couldn't come visit him because he was having some back troubles and he could barley walk.   We asked him if he wanted a priesthood blessing and he said that he had no idea what that was.  We asked him if we could then come over and teach him for like 10 min and then give him a blessing.  He accepted and let us come over.  We taught him about the priesthood and what it was all about.  He was very fascinated about the fact the he would be able to help people even more when he got the priesthood.  We then asked him if he would like a priesthood blessing.  He accepted.  Elder Collie gave the blessing and at the end of it we asked Tim how he was feeling.  This was his response, "Have you ever sat in a pool and felt all of the pressure come off of ever joint? That is what I feel like right now."  The power of the priesthood is so amazing.  If we put our faith in the healing powers of the atonement there is no doubt in my mind that we can be changed/healed.  I love this gospel it is so amazing.  It's moments like that on your mission that you could really careless how hard it gets because those moments are so rewarding.  It is such a great blessing to be out here on a mission I love it.  This week has been hard but it has been such a great learning experience for me.  Everyday I have to learn to put my trust in my Savior just a little bit more.  I do things everyday that I never thought I would have the courage to do but some how, by the grace of Jesus Christ, it is possible for me to do everything that the Lord commands me to do.  It is so amazing to see the power of the atonement so evident in your life.  I love my mission no matter how hard it will get it is great!  Well I hope that all is going well.  Thank you so much for all of the prayers I truly do feel them.  Thank you so much for all that you do for me especially you mom.  I love you so much and thank you for everything that you have done for me in my life.  I love you with all my heart and hope that everything is ok.  Remember to go into conference with a question on your mind.  The Lord will answer it as long as we are ready and willing to receive it.  I love you.  Hugs and Kisses from Virginia. XOXOoxoxXOOXOXOxoOXOXoXoXXOOXoXoXoXOOXOXoXO

Elder Adams

O that wont be that bad.  And I am not sure I don't want to seem like I am whining. 
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  you really learn to not lean on your own understanding of the gospel.  It's hard to not think that you don't already know how to teach and stuff like that.  Once you get out here it's a lot different than a sunday school class.  You have someones life that is torn apart by drugs or other things and you have to help them.  It's hard to really know what to do and how to do it.
I know it's just sometimes discouraging when people don't listen but I just gotta do what I gotta do that's all.
most definitely and that is what I am trying to learn.  Thank you love you I got to go bye.
 cool bro.  Um so I think I have allergies out here and allergy medication is super expensive... Is it ok that I use my card to buy it?  My MSF account is almost out because there was five shopping days in this month.

Yeah.  I've been taking suda and C and multi but haven't really seen a change.  I've talked to ward members and they've told me that here in Virginia you just take Alergy medication just because you never know what you are going to be allergic to and it's year round stuff.
ok well I think I am going to get this stuff at walgreens it's $50 for 150 tablets and they last 24 hours is that good?



No comments:

Post a Comment