Monday, September 23, 2013

The lessons you learn on a mission

cool.  How are you guys doing?


This week was a pretty interesting week.  I am not sure how to start this e-mail but here it goes.  Transfers was three weeks ago and I was able to be blessed with a00 new companion.  Before the meeting President Wilson pulled me and my room mates over and talked to us about my new companion.  He said that my new companion was having a hard time out on his mission and that he needed some Elders to help him out this transfer.  All through out this transfer he was struggling with depression and couldn't seem to get motivated.  Last P-day he said if things don't change that he was going to go home.  I never thought the day would come but on Saturday Morning my companion left.  I do not tell you this story to ask for sympathy or anything like that.  The reason why I tell you about this is because of the lessons that I have learned this week about my Savior Jesus Christ.  The First lesson is that he loves us.  Now I already new this but my testimony has been strengthened.  As my companion was leaving our Heavenly Father blessed me with the opportunity to feel just a portion of the love that he has for his children.  It was over whelming.  I had only known my companion for about three weeks but there wasn't anything that I wouldn't do for him.  Our Savior loves us so much that he bled and died for us on the cross.  He endured so much just so we as follower of Him would have a way to get back to our Heavenly Father.  He truly does love us.  Another lesson that I learned is that He has a plan for us.  As I was preparing for my mission I thought that it would be a completely different experience.  I knew that there would be trials and hard times but man these last three weeks have been the most hard as well as the most blessed times of my life.  We might think that we know what is best for us, we might say I know exactly what the Lord wants for me, and you very well could know.  Always remember though that he has a plan do not fight against the will of God because you will never win.  Try to figure out his will.  When we follow his will and keep his commandments that is when we will be truly blessed.  It's not that life will become easy all of a sudden but we will have the strength to over come any trial that is in our way.  The power that is within our Saviors atonement is incredible.  No matter how much is placed upon or shoulders we are able to bare it because of the atonement.  There is no doubt in my mind that our Savior Jesus Christ walks right next to us.  As missionaries it is such a privilege and blessing to have weaknesses because as it teaches in Ether 12:27,  He gives us weaknesses so that we can humble ourselves and rely on his grace to strengthen us.  I love my Savior Jesus Christ.  No matter how crazy this week got or how over whelmed I felt my Savior was always there for me.  At the roughest times he truly did carry me through the storm.  This is my testimony and I leave it with you in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

I hope all is going well in Utah.  General Conference is coming up fast.  I invite you guys to think of a question that you would like answered and in conference and I can promise you that it will be answered.  The answer may not be right on the surface but there will be the answer.  This gospel is so amazing I love the work out here.  Even though it is tough and discouraging at times and you feel your Saviors love for those around you and for you so strongly out here.  He really does love us so much don't let anything or anyone convince you other wise.

About the winter clothes I would really like it if you could send my Nike soccer gray jacket the one that I got just last soccer season for high school that would be much appreciated.  The weather out here is getting colder and it's so awesome.  I am loving it.  The leaves are changing color too.  I'm way excited.  Thank you for all of your support and prayers I love you all so much.  Keep strong in the Gospel and know that he loves you!

Elder Adams

I am just comps with my room mates so the zone leaders.  It's Elder Collie and Elder Gronning.  Elder Collie is from Cali and Elder Gronning is from Vegas.


                                                                        My Desk

                                                         Fires with the room mates PARTY!!!

That's Elder Collie.  No only about 60 we have a kid from vegas though.
Well I got to go. Bye hope all is well I love you and will talk to you next week bye!!!
XOOXOxoxoXOXOxoXOXOXOXoxoxoOOOxXX






No comments:

Post a Comment