Monday, December 2, 2013

No Good without the Bad

Well this week was a great week in the mission field.  My thanksgiving was awesome we went to our Bishops house and ate dinner with them.  We also played in a turkey bowl thanksgiving morning.  That was so much fun man it was exciting.  This week was way cold in Virginia.  On Tuesday and Wednesday it was pouring rain and was about 40 degrees outside.  The work of the Lord never stops me and my companion went out and worked all day.  We were wet cold and tired at the end of everyday but man it was amazing I loved it so much!  It was super sweet.  We have a baptism coming up on December 14.  It's exciting his name is Elijah James Shaw.  He is a young kid that comes and plays basketball with us.  I'm so excited to see him be baptized I've been teaching him the entire time I have been here in Swift Creek.  Almost 5 Months.  After that baptism we have another baptism coming up on December 21.  It's two younger girls who's names are Kathleene and Brooke Smith.  Their mom was a member sense the day she was born but became less-active and never had the kids baptized we tracked into them on accident one Sunday.  They are very excited to get baptized.  The work out here is going great.  Bishop in correlation this week said, "Elder Adams this is amazing before you came here there was no one and look what you have done with the area."  I know that I only was able to do this work because of my Heavenly Father it is such a blessing to be able to see how if you are humble and worthy to do the work the Lord will bless you but as soon as you become prideful and think that it's you the miracles go away.  The Lord is always by our side no matter what.  It was hard hearing that Jack Adams died this week.  He was the only dog that I have ever had and it hurt but instantly a feeling of peace came over me and I felt that I would see him again.  It the purpose of this life, trials.  I always think of the Batman quote, "Why do we fall Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up."  That is partially true but we need to learn to let the Lord pick us back up.  It is my testimony that he live and that he loves us.  I know that my Savior is with me always he never leaves my side.  I know that I am only able to do the work that I have done out here on a mission because my Savior has blessed me with the knowledge and testimony of the Gospel.  I know that this church is true with all my heart.  This is the last month for the thing that my mission has been working on, "Our Gift to Christ."  The last step after; Sacrifice September, Obedience October, No No November, is Consecrated Christmas.  I invite all of you to Consecrate all of your efforts to building up the kingdom of God.  Do everything with an eye single to his glory.  It is such an amazing topic to study.  Please study this and see in what was you can consecrate yourself to Him.  I know that this church is true and I know that our Heavenly Father lives.  I know that he loves each and everyone of us no matter what we have done.  He doesn't care about the past he just cares about where we are going.  I know with all my heart that he lives and that he loves each and everyone of us.  I love my Savior and I love the work that he has blessed me with.  I love you all and hope that every thing is going good.  Keep you spirits up.  We have the Restored Gospel.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  I love you and hope you have a great week.  Hugs and Kisses from Virginia.

Elder Adams

It's fine about Jack I'm sure that you guys made the best decision.  Thank you for letting me know and for sending me the picture.  Lots of Change is good it only makes us stronger.  I love you.
I thought Jack was fine???????
ok sounds good.  Christmas will be fun at grandmas
Cool Beans!  Are you getting Hard wood floors?
not yet I'm going to try to get it today maybe.  Idk I'm not sure If I want to.  I feel bad spending money.
Yeah don't call please.  I guess it's just hard...  It's fine though one day we will see him again.
O I forgot to say if you read 7 pages a day in the new testament you will finish the four gospels by Christmas I  invite you guys to do that.  I'm doing it.
Ok well time us up.  Don't worry about Jack and that effecting me I am going to be fine.  I know you guys made the right decision and he is in a happier place with our heavenly father.  I love you mom and hope you are doing ok.  Have a great week I will talk to you next week. MWAH MWAH MWAH love you.  Hugs and Kisses from Virginia.
Um speak for yourself.  I will be owning another dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment