Monday, December 16, 2013

Luke 2

Ok obviously Dad told you about how fat I am getting.  Lets remember that that was right after Thanksgiving dinner.  I'm not super huge!  The only thing that is fitting a little tight is my pants and I think that's just because I'm on a bike 24/7 so I'm gaining muscle in my legs.  We can at least hope for that.  I don't have really any Christmas ideas.  Anything that you want to send me is great.  I will be sending you my Christmas present this week also so be looking for that.  I decided to do a family one.  For calling you for Christmas I will probably be calling around 5 or 6 eastern so that is 3 or 4 mountain time.  I don't think that you are suppose to send me anything for a Conference.  Which reminds me you need to call the mission office and let them know that your address changed.
Well this week was a great week in the area of Swift Creek.  We were able to teach Thadious again this week.  He is so solid and willing to hear about the Gospel.  We were able to take him on a church tour this week and then teach him some more about the Restoration of the Gospel.  He loved being able to hear about how the Gospel blesses families and how it brings them closer together.  We should be meeting with him again this week.  He set for baptism on January 11.  He was definitely prepared by our Heavenly Father for this step in his life.  It's crazy out here on a mission.  As long as you are working hard and being exactly obedient our Heavenly Father places people in out path that need the Gospel.   It is such an amazing blessing to be in the Service of my Heavenly Father.  Another man that we taught this week was Thomas Deets.  This guy is such an inspiration.  He is not a member of out church but his faith is so strong.  He has lung cancer and on Tuesday they decided if it's curable or how much time he has until he dies.  We had the opportunity to teach him about the Plan of Salvation.  It is such a humbling experience to teach someone that really needs to know of this doctrine.  The Lord for some reason put a 19 and 18 year old boy in a 53 year old mans house last night to teach him about the Plan of Salvation.  This was so humbling I wasn't sure what to say.  I did have very strong feeling come over me that Thomas will have the opportunity to accept this gospel in this life or in the life to come and that the Lord sent us there because we could bless his life.  In the life of a missionary you sometime feel like am I doing enough or am I just going through the motions.  It is at moments like those that you know with out a doubt that you are doing a work far greater than our understanding.  There are so many forces seen and unseen in this battle it's ridiculous.  It all comes down to whose side are we going to choose to be on.  This week we had zone conference.  We listened to a talk that was given by Elder Eyring he said, "Wake up the World with ripples of righteousness."  Our actions don't always have to be great or some grand thing.  All we need to worry about is if we are doing little acts of kindness/righteousness all through out our lives.  We may not see the out come or the fruits of our labors right away but we definitely will be able to see them someday.  I know that my Savior lives and that he is leading and guiding this Church to were it needs to go.  I know that He loves each and everyone of us.  This work is so amazing.  There are so many miracles everyday that I have the blessing to witness.
I wanted to close my letter this week with an invite to everyone who reads this.  Go to Luke 2 and read the Christmas story.  Identify all of the characters and list some attributes that you think that person has.  Then choose someone.  Choose someone who you want to try to be like in the Christmas story.  This people witnessed one of the greatest moments in history that impacted eternity.  They are so many great attributes.  Once you have identified the who and the what you want to be like identify the how.  What are you going to do to be more like that person this coming year.  I know that by doing this we will find ourselves at feet of our Savior.  I know that we will be able to obtain Godly attributes and consecrate ourselves more fully to the Lords work.  I know this to be true and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Everything is going great out here on a mission I love it out here.  Thank you for all the prayers in my behalf.  It is a blessing.  I love you all and hope that you have a great week. Hugs and kisses and much love from Virginia.

Elder Adams      



did you get a picture of the fam? if not that's ok
I got the pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment