Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas

Well this week was a great one.  I just want to thank you for the package.  I got it and it is safe care.  The Granola was heaven sent.  It was such a blessing to be able to eat that on Sunday morning.  Thank you so much.  I know how much time and effort that takes to make so thank you.  I just want to send you my gratitude I am so thankful to have a loving family that supports me out here while I am on a mission.  I thank you so much for all that you do and all the prayers that are said in my be-half.  I thank you so very much.  This week was great.  We were able to be apart of a baptism for two little girls Cathleen and Brooke Smith. It was a miracle how we found them. It was one fast Sunday. Me and Elder McConnell had an appointment scheduled and we were ready go and teach this young man named EJ. We showed up to his house and he wasn't there. As we were walking away the spirit told me to go and tract the other side of the street. I wasn't sure why. I had spent some much time in that neighborhood, but we went and did it anyway. We knocked on the apartment and no one answered. We then turned to the next door that was right next to the first. We knocked on that one and waited. We were about ready to walk way when the first door opened and then a lady came around from the back of the second apartment. Elder McConnell talked to the first lady while I began talking to the lady that had come around the back side of the apartment. Come to find out the lady that I was talking to had been a member all of her life, she had become less active around her teenage years and wanted nothing to do with the Church. Just about a week before we had knocked on her door her and her mother were talking on the phone and her mom said that she was going to send someone over just not the missionaries. The Lord has a plan for all of us. We began talking with her and she invited us back for another time. We went back and started to teach her and the little girls. At first the mom was only there so that her little girls could get baptized. Now she is opening up the scriptures and reading with us. It has been such a great turn around for her. She has started to come back to church. This gospel is amazing but nothing happens because of us it's because of the spirit leading us to the houses that need us.  It was such a blessing to see them baptized.  I will probably be calling around 4 or 5 my time.  I guess I will call your phone because I have no other number.  I just would like to leave you with my testimony.  I know that this church is true.  I know that it's the spirit that does the work in this work.  As long as we are willing to humble ourselves and to follow the promptings that we receive we will be lead to the people that need us and know exactly what we need to say to them.  I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives and that he loves each and everyone of us.  I know with all my heart that he loves us so much.  I love all of you and I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  I love you guys and hope you have a great week.  Talk to you on Wednesday.  With love from Virginia.

Elder Adams 

No comments:

Post a Comment