Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Journaling

Thank you so much mom for the letter.  Sorry that the P-day got mixed up this week and all that fun stuff.  It sounds like you are busy working trying to figure it everything out.  That is so crazy all the work that you guys are doing.  You have got to slow down or else you will burn yourself out.  It's not good to work harder than you are capable.  Remember to take rests and breath.  The lawn will get in sometime.  Besides all it is, is material things.  They don't matter in the eternal perspective.  That is sweet that dad is called as the eleven year old scout leader.  Man I was just thinking about how long he has been in scouting and now he hasn't done it in for ever.  He's going to have to brush off the old uniform and try to see if he knows how to tie knots again.  So I will probably be sending you and dad's birthday/mothers day/fathers day present either this week or next week.  I'm starting to get it all together.  Take care of the DODADAY.  Not everyone is privileged to use that one. 
This was such a great week in Harrisonburg. We were so blessed to be able to see Marie Madden baptized this Saturday. Elder Unga and I were led to her one Saturday afternoon and taught her about the Restoration. The next five weeks were just blessing after blessing. The Lord was so kind to us and he helped us so much to be able to effectively teach and lead Marie to the waters of Baptism. There was actually one point were Sister Madden called Elder Fuhriman and I and said that she no longer wanted to take the lessons. The Lord didn't want his daughter to miss out on these blessings he kept having us go back and talk with her. She has been worked upon by the holy spirit and she has seen so many miracles. The greatest moment, besides seeing her get baptized, was on Sunday. She received the gift of the Holy Ghost and could not stop crying. She was over joyed with emotions. Then the ward all Sunday was constantly fellowshipping her and helping her feel welcomed. She loved it so much. She told us that she loved Sunday because she finally felt accepted somewhere. Something that she has been praying for, for a while now. The Lord is behind this work I know that it was only because of him that I was able to see Sister Madden baptized. I know that my redeemer lives and that he loves each and everyone of us. I love my Savior so much. Another great miracle occurred yesterday. We were helping a ward member move some things around there house and we get a random call. It's a ward member that has a daughter that wants to be baptized this Friday!!! She has already been taught all the lessons and has gone to church. It is such a blessing.  I love this work so much.  You constantly see the work of the Lord in your life and it is such a great blessing.
Something great that I have a very strong testimony of is of Journaling.  Mom this is such a great blessing to be able to sit down and write what happened in the day or what you remember about your father.  I would encourage you to begin journaling.  Here is a way that I journal.  I write two letters one is a letter to Heavenly Father.  Letting him know about the day and how greatful I am for the miracles that I saw in that day.  Another letter is to my future wife.  Letting her know what I am doing to prepare myself for an eternal marriage.  This is such blessing.  You could do something kind of like this.  You could write one letter to Heavenly Father letting him know about the things that you did that day and the things that you are welcome for and then you could write another to your father.  Talking about the memories that you remember and how much you enjoyed that or what memories that you want to make.  I know that journaling is so important and it can be such a blessing.  As I have been able to journal on my mission I have been able to see more blessings from the Lord in my Dailey life.  I have also been able to see how it helps me organize my thoughts and desires and focus on the things that really matter.  Journaling is amazing and I highly encourage you to start one today.  
Mother thank you so much for all that you do for me.  I love you so much and thank you for your e-mail.  Everything is going great in the good old H-Burg.  We are seeing so many blessings.  I love this work so much and I love you.  I hope that you have a great week.  I know that this church is true.  I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives and that he loves each and everyone of us.  I know that he is constantly watching over us and looking to help us in any way possible.  I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it tells us exactly what we need in order to return to live with our Heavenly Father Again.  I know that he lives and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  I love you so much and hope that you have a great week.  With all my love and care from Virginia.

Elder Adams  

No comments:

Post a Comment