Monday, September 29, 2014

General Conference

How are you? Are you doing well?
I haven't read it yet.... Sorry one sec!
Ok I just read it.  That is pretty interesting it sounds pretty crazy.  Just breath!!! All will be ok.
PERFECT!  Other than all that how is everything else going?
Um we are going to less-actives house for lunch and then we got dinner and then we have three lessons to finish out the night.
Yes I know what you are taking about.  This apollo character sounds like a lot of Fun!
doing great.  I wrote about in my letter.  Hailey is getting baptized next week and then Scarlette is getting baptized in november because she wants to do it back home.
yes kinda.  Members in a YSA word don't like making dinner.  So they just take us out to eat.  Tonight we are going to noodles and Company.
probably you should feed them anything.  usually there diet is noodles and rice so nothing like that.

I am so excited for General Conference this week!!! It is going to be sweet!!!  There is by far nothing greater than to be able to listen to a prophets voice.  I am so excited.  Another great thing that is happening this week is that as a mission we are reading the Book of Mormon.  The entire thing in a week!!! Now you know me reading just is not my thing but surprisingly I am actually really enjoying it.  Probably the funniest thing that I thought of this morning was when I was in school and I never wanted to read and you and Dad would say, "You can't do anything in this world with out reading."  I would always say, "O yeah right."  But now look all I do is read all day to people about the words of God.  I just thought that was a funny thought.  Another great thing that will be happening at the end of this week will be Hailey Jensen's baptism.  I don't know if I ever told you about her.  Three weeks ago she came to church because she had met some missionaries on the grounds of the College.  She has a boyfriend that is on a mission and she always wondered what he believed in and why he believed in it so much.  As we were able to teach her after church that first sunday we found out that she had already read the Book of Mormon and already knew that it was true.  I know with all my heart that Heavenly Father prepared Hailey to receive the Gospel.  Over the past couple of weeks Hailey has now finished all the standard work (Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, Old and New Testament) except for the new testament.  She girl is sweet she is so ready to be baptized.  Another great miracle that we have had this week is another young lady by the name of Scarlette. She has a less-active mom and she is trying to figure out if this is the right church for her. As we have been teaching her Scarlette comes to the lessons with list of questions. We usually have lessons planned and sure enough the lesson that we have planned play right into her questions. The even better part is that as we explain to her the doctrine of the question and then expound more we then end up answering more of her questions.  It is just so amazing to be able to do the work of the Lord I love this work with all my heart!!!  The work is going great here in Cville.  It is such a blessing to be able to build up the kingdom of God here on this earth there is nothing greater.  I love you so much and thank you for all that you are doing and have done for me.  You mean the world to me.
I've had some really interesting thoughts this week about the gospel of Jesus Christ and what the purpose of this life is.  As I have been reading the Book of Mormon the thought that has come to me is that this whole life is all about learning to choose right from wrong.  It's learning about how to follow the promptings of the spirit.  As we do this we are then keeping the commandments of God and can then prosper in the land.   I know that as we learn to listen to the spirit that we will become changed and that we will no longer desire the things of the world but we will desire the things of God.  This is the whole purpose of life.   We must sacrifice our own self centered natural man and do the things of God. (Mosiah 3:19) I love my Savior with all my heart.  I know that this church is true and I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives and that he loves each and everyone of us.  I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and that he is constantly watching over me.  I love this gospel and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  With all my Love from Virginia.

Elder Adams 

um yeah for the most part.  It's filling and cheap.  Then you put some chicken with it and it is prime!!!!
O of course!  I usually try to eat an apple a day!  Something like an apple a day keeps the doctor away.  Then we have carrots and bananas!!!  Don't worry I eat health!
Well I better get going.  I hope that all is well and I hope that you have a great week.  You will have to tell me what's your favorite conference talk.  Remember go into conference with questions and the Lord will answer them.  By the way how was the womans general meeting???  I love you and hope that all is well!  With all my love from Virginia.

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment