Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy New Year!

hey I'm on!
awesome I only have 15 min before I got to go.  We went to a library today.
no we just had a boat load of elders with us so it was going to take forever!
no we are just spending the day with them.  and probably the muddy buddys and the tie.

This week was a great week.  It was so great to be able to hear from you and talk with all of you.  It is such a blessing to be able to be a part of such a strong supportive family.  I love it so much.  It sounds like your Christmas was packed with lots of fun and all that good stuff.  I'm so jealous that you are all getting snow!  That is one thing that I am just dying for right now.  We have had temperatures in the 60's my companion and I don't even wear jackets.  That sounds like a lot of fun that you are able to go back to the Primary.  Teaching is the best calling in the Church.  It gives you and excuse to be able to study the scriptures and really get to know you Savior personally.  I know personally that studying the scriptures is the greatest blessing to be able to have in our lives. This was the greatest Christmas of my life! We went around and were able to teach so many amazing people and bless them with the joy of their Savior. One guy that we went and saw was a single black guy that doesn't have any family near by. He tried to go down to New Orleans to see his family but he couldn't get the money together. Elder Holloway and I decided to first just visit with him and help him feel loved, like he had friends. The spirit was so strong and then we asked if we could share a message about the Jesus Christ. This guy has been an investigator for a while and was going to be baptized a lot of times but he always gets scared and backs out. As we talked with him he let us know his concerns and he really opened up. We then asked him to come to church and pray about being baptized. He agreed to it and the spirit of Christ was really in that room. It was so amazing to just be able to forget yourself on Christmas and see the Lord work through you.
So this year I have made it a goal to be able to finish Jesus the Christ before the end of my mission.  You will have to keep me accountable to be able to make sure that I do that  It's such a good book.  I would really encourage you to read it sometime.
So about the things with Josh and Jera...  just don't worry about it.  The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of Agency.  Everything in the end will all work out and you will be able to see the Lords hand in all things.  That is one thing that I have really been able to see on my mission.  Despite the hard times as well as the easy times everything works out.  I know that to be true.  Just pray and ask God to open your eyes to see his work.  I love you so much and I thank you for all that you do. I love this work and I know that it is true. I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives and that he loves each and everyone of us. I know with all my heart that he is eager to bless his missionaries if we show him that we are consecrated. I know that this is the true church and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.  Have a great week I love You.  With all my love from Virginia.

Elder Adams

hahaha mature???? and no I don't have any of the same ties.
Well I got to go.  Love you BYE!!! MWAH

No comments:

Post a Comment