Monday, December 1, 2014

John Lytle

Hello Mucho love I'm on
ok sounds good!  Guess who's getting transferred tomorrow?
Yes me and I don't know I will find out tuesday at transfer meeting.... Dang...
Yeah I'm sad I love this area but it happens it's not as hard to transfer now that you've done it a couple of times.  The baptism was awesome!!!
Yeah,  that's fun.  Any fun plans this week?
ok sounds good.  Hey I might be able to find something for KC i'm not sure though.  What does she want?
Ok sounds good thank you!!!  Well I got to go Bye I love you and thank you so much for all that you do.  I hope you have a great week.  With all my love from Virginia. 
Elder Adams

hmmm probably going to be super hard with me across the country and no time.....


That is awesome!  It sounds like Thanksgiving really good.  That is really interesting about the family history stuff crazy crazy right there.  All I know is that families can be together forever and that's all that matters to me.  That is crazy with the ward Christmas party.  It sounds like you are having a lot of fun though and that it's keeping you busy which that is always good.  It's fun to be in other families homes for the holidays and to see their traditions.  It sounds like you were all up and down the valley this week with all kinds of things.  I don't really care what is in the Christmas package.  You have done great at surprising me so far so I think you will do just fine.  You will have to send me a picture of the new house all decorated.  I think I only saw one picture and it was on the outside and it still looked like we lived in the middle of no where with no grass... Just kidding haha.  
This week was a great week.  Holiday weeks are always interesting in a YSA ward.  We were able to go to a bishopric members house for lunch and then our ward mission leader took us out to afghan kabobs for dinner.  It was amazing.  Very interesting experience but such good food.  So many people leave but it's all good we were able to see John Lytle get baptized.  Elder Denning and I were lead to John's door when we first came here.  It took us forever to meet back up with him but after a while we were able to meet with him and be able to see him completely change.  It was absolutely amazing.  We were able to see a man that didn't have any belief in God or a faith in Jesus Christ come to the knowledge of his Savior and that he had a loving Heavenly Father.  This was the most amazing thing in the whole world.  John as now read the Book of Mormon about 25 times he said that he has lost count.  He just can't stop reading it.  We gave him the Doctrine and Covenants and hopefully the church will be able to print enough material for him to be able to read it.  He is such an amazing guy.  At his baptism we gave him the opportunity to be able to stand and bare his testimony.  He stood up and read the poem by Robert Frost, "The Road Less Traveled."  At the end of his testimony he said, "Today I took the road less traveled and it made all the difference."  That was so poetic and such a blessing to be able to see how this gospel has effected his life in such a profound way.  This week has been a week were I have really thought about personal goals and making sure that I fulfill the things that my Savior Jesus Christ wants me to do.  As I have thought about these things it has been interesting to think how our Heavenly Father loves us so much that he has given us complete agency to choose what we want to do.  He force us to do anything but he does guide us to the things that he needs us to do.  It's always interesting to think that he trusts us to listen to his spirit and to be lead by it though out life.  If we choose to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost and be obedient to our Heavenly Fathers command then we do not need to fear at all.  We will always fulfill his will.  I love my Savior Jesus Christ so much he lives!  I know that he lives and that he loves us.  I know that the Atonement is such a real power and that it is constantly changing us and sanctifying us.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it is the word of God.  I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  I love you so much and I hope that you have a great holiday season.  There is a great message that I highly encourage you to watch and to share with all your friends.  It's called "He is the Gift."  It can be found onchristmas.mormon.org  It is so powerful.  I love this work so much you constantly see the the Saviors hand in your life.  I love you and hope you have a great week.  If there is anything that I can do for you please let me know.  With all my love from Virginia.

Elder Adams

Haven't sent you a picture in a long time... Sorry about that.  This is John Lytle.  He's way sweet!




No comments:

Post a Comment